Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Corporate "giving" season

bgary

I just got back from vacation, and while plowing through my email inbox I learned that... yes, it is that time again.

Corporate "giving" season.

Ugh.

Any of you who work for a large corporation know what I'm talking about. You get 10 emails a day pressuring you to sign up to pledge some amount from each paycheck because... well, because your manager is going to get dinged if less than some percentage of his/her people sign up to do it. That's a great reason, huh?

There's an entertaining possibility here, though...

USPSA, as you know, is a non-profit corporation. What that means is that with a little work, you may be able to get them set up in your company's "giving" system. I was able to do this today with my employer... which means that *I* get credit for playing nice (oh, and a tax-deductible donation), my manager gets credit for my participation, USPSA gets some money, *AND*, my employer will *match* my contribution.

I have to admit, there's a certain amount of sadistic delight in knowing that my politically-correct employer will be writing checks to USPSA.

Anyway, if any of you want to try to do the same, the relevant piece of info is the "EIN number", and USPSA's EIN number is 91-1325053

Other good organizations that you might want to enroll are the NRA endowment fund, the Second Amendment Foundation, etc. I have info on several of them if you want to pursue this, and I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Have fun!

Bruce

I work for my local United Way chapter, one of the people that come out and ask for money during "giving season". You can give to ANY valid 501c3 non profit organization, which includes USPSA, the NRA foundation, Ducks Unlimited, etc.

Companies pressuring people to give is bad and I don't put up with it, but I know that it happens.

USPSA is a 501(c )(3)???

Yup. Have a look at http://www.guidestar.org/controller/search...=1&npoId=625736

THE UNITED STATES PRACTICAL SHOOTING ASSOCIATION/IPSC

PO BOX 811

SEDRO WOOLLEY, WA 98284

TO PROMOTE AMATEUR NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ATHLETIC COMPETITION

EIN: 91-1325053

This organization files an IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ. It is a 501(c )(03) public charity. Information in this report is derived from IRS From 990, 990-EZ, or 990-PF, an annual report filed by nonprofit organizations.

Financial Snapshot for Fiscal Year Ending 2002

Revenue: $1,104,563

Expenses: $1,206,217

Assets: $976,014

Liabilities: $806,107

• 2 months later...