Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

crspeed mag tube for sti

paopao

Has anyone encountered this problem? When the mag is full of bullets, around 19. Its hard to lock it or should i say insert it into the gun. When i reduced the bullet one at a time, its getting easier to insert it. I think the tube is expanding when full of rounds...any idea? Thanks. Im using a custom sti edge.

No experience with those tubes but that sounds common. When you have 19 rounds loaded and its hard to insert, when you get it locked in will it drop free?

If it won't drop free I'd think you're probably right the tube is getting stretched wide into the grip.

If it will drop free I'd think you're just pushing the limits if capacity and the extra force is trying to compress the spring that last little bit.

-424D57

Edited by 424D57

I'm not familiar with that tube either. I know on my STI tubes in my Edge, I had to change magazine springs and add new basepads to get 20 into a mag. I can only have 19 in the mags if I want them reloadable when shooting.

I'm using Grams springs and Dawson SNL +1 basepads to get 20 into the mags.

Yes sirs it wont drop free when fully loaded. When loaded 18 rnds, it will lock in but with a little tap on the base pad. On my sti tubes with 18 rnds, there is no tapping involve...maybe the tubes are weaker compared to sti tubes.

You need to change the guts. If I'm understanding correctly, you have the Rescomp tube, black and shiny, says 138mm on side, vertical slots toward bottom. These tubes will hold 22 with the right guts and some tweaking. If you are only interested in 19-20, I will be happy to swap tubes with you.

And, yes, some of the additional capacity is gained through thinner walls and they do flex a little.