Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland Comp 3 holder

galt11

I am hoping the wisdom on here may be able to help. I just received a Safariland Comp 3 speedloader holder. It is the 333 model for a K frame gun. While inspecting it, I noticed in the bottom of the individual holders it says for Comp 2 only. I double checka dn on both Brownells and Safariland's sites it says it will work with the one, two, and three loaders. When I called Safariland, they told me it "may" work. Can someone give me straight answer. I don't have my loaders with me otherwise I would try them myself. Thanks.

Adam

I am hoping the wisdom on here may be able to help. I just received a Safariland Comp 3 speedloader holder. It is the 333 model for a K frame gun. While inspecting it, I noticed in the bottom of the individual holders it says for Comp 2 only. I double checka dn on both Brownells and Safariland's sites it says it will work with the one, two, and three loaders. When I called Safariland, they told me it "may" work. Can someone give me straight answer. I don't have my loaders with me otherwise I would try them myself. Thanks.

Adam

I have two 333 holders, and both Comp II and Comp III loaders and went through the same confusion as you. I don't know what the issue is supposed to be, or why dadgum Safariland does not know what their stuff fits, but I have no issues with either type loader in either 333. I run two of the 333 pouches, and a cheap nylon speedloader holder, on my belt for NRA Action Pistol. Most everybody else is running bottom feeders and I don't like holding them up. We have a couple of "older" competitors who run a loading block and one speedloader set up on a little bench or stand. It drives me nuts and shows little respect for your fellow competitors. I do carry a bucket to dump my brass so I don't have to scrounge for it.

Sorry, its been that kind of day. Your saying that even though your holder it says for comp 2 only it works with the 3's?

Yes, it works fine with both kinds of loaders, sorry that was not clear in my response.

Edited by chevyoneton

The only thing I remember maybe, isn't legal for Idpa. But anyway work with my Comp III's.
The belt loop for me is very large, with a normal belt would be better to tighten it, or increase the thickness of the belt at that point.

Otherwise it has too much play, but probably with a big or competition belt the problem is reduced.

The original 333 holders wouldn't work with the Comp III's and the they added the plastic tabs that clipped over the body of the Comp III's.

For the 333 to work with Comp III's, you have to remove the center clip,

Also I forgot to mention the holders are frame specific as are the speedloaders. You have a loading block, speedloader and 333 holder for K frame and another different set for L frame.