Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

44mag Powder

andrewst359

The cleanest, non smokey, most accurate plinker round in my guns is 6.5 of WST or the same of Solo 1000 for the 240/250 lead SWC. Unique at 8 to 8.5 grains works really well but smokes like a train and dirty as hell, even so I shoot it all the time. The WST/Solo powders are much cleaner, very low recoil and just as accurate. Try them all and tell us which one YOU like best.

*shrugs* I use H110 and W296, because they're powders designed for magnum handguns. I use more H110 than W296 because I have load data for 300 BLK using H110.

I used to use the more "pistol" powders and was never really satisfied with their performance.

You do realize that those two are the same powder, right?

The cleanest, non smokey, most accurate plinker round in my guns is 6.5 of WST or the same of Solo 1000 for the 240/250 lead SWC. Unique at 8 to 8.5 grains works really well but smokes like a train and dirty as hell, even so I shoot it all the time. The WST/Solo powders are much cleaner, very low recoil and just as accurate. Try them all and tell us which one YOU like best.

I'll give it a try