Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

20 ga. 1100/87 in 3 gun

EricW

A local guy here, and fellow BE'er built a 20ga. 1100 for his wife. We all started to T&E it and love it. So far, we cannot find anything it won't do when compared to a 12ga. including long steel, heavy steel, and slugs. It seems faster in its cycling to me, and the muzzle doesn't rise, it recoils straight back, leaving the sights pretty much on target. I will send him an email so he can post the mods made to this gun here. I know that choke tubes are essential, but that is also true with short 12s as well.

I am running the LT20 which is a lightweight, but takes the regular buttstock. I bought a 21 inch barrel from the LT youth gun, modified the DMW easyloader from a 12 gauge to fit, added the choate 8 plus 1 tube, red alum followr, oversize safety button, Simms lab recoil pad, extended choke, (which makes the barrel the same length as the mag tube), and added the 3 gun gear 9 round side saddle, and plus 2. Like fomeister said, it has about the same recoil as my comp master, but seems to push straight back, with no muzzle rise.

I don't have nearly as many mods as viking, but haven't found anything lacking when using my LT1100. Does everything you could want even with a rifle sighted smooth bore deer barrel. Biggest problem when I was building mine was the lack of a true eight shot tube. Had one made locally, otherwise it is stock, even has the wood furniture.

Remember we (USPSA, IPSC) do have an established power factor for shotguns. Check the rule book. Appendix D. 520PF for all divisions. If the steel falls.....great. The clays WILL break. But those pesky slugs, hmmmm, I don't think so.

Outlaw matches are no biggie. Except for lighter payload on steel. You pays your $$$ you takes your chances.

$.02

PK

Just to clarify, I'm actually taking a stealth poll in the name of shameless commerce. I've had people asking for 1100 parts in 20 ga. and am trying to figure out if there's enough of a market to be remotely worth the hassle.