Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having no luck finding "Detail" strip video to install Thin sa

LoLeft

I bought this CZC Sp-01 Shadow off of BE and LOVE this gun. It's my first CZ. I come mostly from shooting Glocks. I ordered the thin safeties from CZC, Took off the slide, looked into the guts and saw a whole lotta parts. Clueless would be an understatement . Just fitted a single sided safety on my STI 2011 limited gun with the help of some really good videos on Youtube. However, the only thing I can find is field strip videos on the CZ. I would like to start shooting this gun in Production but the current safeties are brutal on my support hand. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@kneelingatlas... so do jut lift up the sear spring out of the groove and let it rest to the left or to the right and remove the safety ?

@kfd147.... will the safety detent be obvious? I'll try and tackle this project later today.

Thanks so much for both of your help and the link to those pics!!!!

The safety detent has a little "u" that sticks up behind the safety. You pull back on it and the should come out. You don't always need to move it but if the safety does not come out after lifting the sear spring that is the reason.

Jason :ph34r:

Yes, just lift the spring leg and rest it on the sear cage to the left; Tanfoglios actually have a little grove for it to rest in. There is also a little retainer on the right hand safety which will most likely fall out when you remove the sear cage, it's not under spring tension so it won't fly, but if can give you trouble. If you drench the whole area in oil before dissassembly it will help it all stay put.

I've never compressed the detent on the left side while pulling out the safety, but it make sense that would make it easier (as long as you have three hands :surprise: ).

Edited by kneelingatlas

Thanks for all the replies. I fitted and installed the thin safeties and put the gun back together. I noticed the right side safety kept coming off. Put the O.G. safeties back in and same problem. Went to CZ Customs website to look at the parts diagram and it looks like I lost the right side safety detent. So I called CZC and tried to order part #65 and #31,right side detent and spring. Was told the the SP-01 Shadow doesn't use a right side spring and just ordered the right side detent. This was Wed. and was hoping the part would be here (today is Saturday ) in time to take this gun out for here maiden match voyage this Sunday, but part didn't make it here in time....I'll update next week. On the bright side, I am no longer intimidated by the internals of my CZC gun....

CZ parts diagram:

http://czcustom.com/CZ75SP01PartsDiagram.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY, received the right side safety detent from CZC... got the gun back together and shoots great. Thanks to all who helped on this one. I would have been dead in the water without the help of the BE community!

Thanks for all the replies. I fitted and installed the thin safeties and put the gun back together. I noticed the right side safety kept coming off. Put the O.G. safeties back in and same problem. Went to CZ Customs website to look at the parts diagram and it looks like I lost the right side safety detent. So I called CZC and tried to order part #65 and #31,right side detent and spring. Was told the the SP-01 Shadow doesn't use a right side spring and just ordered the right side detent. This was Wed. and was hoping the part would be here (today is Saturday ) in time to take this gun out for here maiden match voyage this Sunday, but part didn't make it here in time....I'll update next week. On the bright side, I am no longer intimidated by the internals of my CZC gun....

CZ parts diagram:

http://czcustom.com/CZ75SP01PartsDiagram.aspx

Oh man, this post just made my day!

I dropped my gun yesterday at a match and it got all gunked up with dirt and sand.

So, I did my first full disassembly of my SP-01 shadow. I noticed after a bit that the right side detent was still in the frame, but no spring. I thought I had lost it.

After reading this, i realize that i wasn't crazy and the spring wasn't there to begin with.

Thanks,

Steve

Yes, there is nothing worse than that sinking feeling in your stomach when you look down your gun is pieces on the work bench and say"uh oh" Kinda like waiting 2 hours in line at the DMV and you're 2 people from the from and realize you have to poop..... just sayin' bub....