Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compensated Glock 34 with cycling problems

tackleman

I have a Glock 34 with a LWD threaded barrel and Maverick comp. Having trouble with slide cycling enough to eject the spent round and load the new round. Tried 11#, 13#, 15# and 17# recoil springs. Have tried several loads, including factory. I have tried 124 gr lead round nose with 6.3 grains of Unique, over all length 1.169. That is a little more than max load. Trying to find loads with Unique powder. Any help would be appreciated.

You haven't stated what the application is, so how would we know what you are trying to achieve?

Dont shoot any exposed lead through the comp.

Your bottom spring weight is to strong. When you add a comp, you need to drop the spring rate. 11lb spring is in the minor pf iron sight range. For a minor pf open glock, i would try dropping to 9, maybe less. Most guns in your configuration running Major will take a sub 13 lb spring to get reliable ejection.

Need to follow recomendations from your other, almost identical, thread. Change your powder, and at least use a Molly coated bulled.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind that the more gas produced the more forward force on the comp this was causing my comped 9mm to have problems with some powders vs. others and the spring weight can be droped down to around 9lbs. if it feeds without problems.

I am loading 124 gr. cmj round nose with 5.8 gr. Silhouette with an overall of 1.154. That seems to work, with an 10 lb. recoil spring. My next problem is several ftf with a reduced power firing pin spring. Will only have one once and awhile with a full power firing pin spring.

Edited by tackleman

• 2 weeks later...

Bring you OAL down around to 1.145-1.150- Glocks don't particularly feed 1.154 OAL's very well.When you do that drop your charge to 5.5grs & see how that feeds. BTW Silhouette & Unique are not very widely used in Compensated Glocks for a reason. Get yourself some Winchester Auto Comp or HS6 and start over with loads that WILL function in a Compensated Glock. I have been shooting a Carver Glock 17 Racegun with excellent results using Win Auto Comp & HS6 & 124gr CMJ's...Are you shooting Minor or Major ??