Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what size primers for .40 s&w

perazzisc3

May I suggest a good reloading manual or two. There is a lot of really good information in there, in addition to the loading data. I own several and some are better than others at explaining different things. My Sierra edition 5, second printing, is good on the .40 S&W but really weak on the 10mm, the loads aren't any stronger than a .40 S&W even with 1/10 of an inch more cartridge length. But there's 80 pages of reloading technical info and more on cleaning barrels and so on. But beware of really old manuals, the company may have changed the powder over the years without changing the name on the bottle the powder comes in.

I'm not trying to be too critical but if you are unsure of some of the basic caliber primer sizes, please do some reading and familiarization before reloading. If you are that new, maybe even take a class or ask a vet to assist you for a bit until you are ready.

I'm not trying to be too critical but if you are unsure of some of the basic caliber primer sizes, please do some reading and familiarization before reloading. If you are that new, maybe even take a class or ask a vet to assist you for a bit until you are ready.

Please do read up. It can be pretty enjoyable.

+1 well said sir,