Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

12 gauge with rebated rim

mark carr

I don't know if this is old news here but I just meet a guy that worked on this project and says its 100% reliable and soft recoil and fast and easy to shoot and it fits on a 308 lower sounds good to me :cheers:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/02/12/12-gauge-ar-10-based-shotgun-now-a-reality/

Edited by mark carr

Well it just will not run 100% on std shot shells 20 or 12 ga and they are working with a couple company's to get the price down on shell's I hope it all works out for them because I haven't seen a mag feed shotgun I liked yet but this looks promising

Well it just will not run 100% on std shot shells 20 or 12 ga and they are working with a couple company's to get the price down on shell's I hope it all works out for them because I haven't seen a mag feed shotgun I liked yet but this looks promising

Pull the trigger on an R&R Saiga Mark you will not be disappointed. Resistance is futile.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Ha Ha Pat I have shot the R&R and its definitely not 100%

Nothing is 100% the Remington 1100 you have been using has given you more than a fair share of problems. Over the last few seasons the problems with my R&R have been very few and far between. Its just a matter of learning your equipment and what it likes to run and getting your guns broken in. Everything has a learning curve. At the match we just got done hosting the top 3 open shooters used R&R Saigas. I am very happy with the performance of mine and I know Ken is with his.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I doubt this will end up working out anywhere outside of specialized applications. The .12 gauge shotgun shell is ubiquitous and anyone who would try to run this gun competitively would have to be independently wealthy or sponsored by Remington to do so. There's no commercial market for it, outside of Remington fanboys or people who just have to have all of the neat toys--those people rarely shoot any one of their guns with frequency.

Back in January I met some guys (by chance) representing that shotgun while leaving the hotel on the way to the opening day of the SHOT Show. They were quick to tell me about their project and ask about the logo on my shirt (same as my avatar). Later at the show when I happened upon their booth I started to understand why they were so inquisitive.

(No, I am not connected in any way)

Well you guys are probably right but it sure would be nice to to have a shotgun run 100% and I think this ammo would be a big step in the right direction.For all types of shotguns

I agree and our Saigas are getting pretty close. In the last 5 matches including Texas I only had 1 malfunction and that was in texas and it was a simply fix by pushing the bolt forward. Shotguns are the area of least reliablity in the game. The issue I have with special ammo outside of cost is also availbility. I don't want the round to become unpopular down the road now I have a nice 3500 blaster that I have to get special cases for to reload.

Pat