Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most durable slide ride/micro red dot

gcambi

I'm interested in modifying a slide to include a dot and supressor sights. I have also been shooting a slide ride dot of one sort or another for many years, and have found them all to be lacking in durability, with the exception of a bullet proofed Docter from Grams (I understand he no longer does this). The latest generation of dots from Trijicon, Burris, Leoupold, and C-More all seem to have fans and detractors.

So I'm wondering if any PD's are issuing guns set up as above (M&P's), and what there experiences have been.

Any electronic wizards out there bullet proofing these dots?

Edited by gcambi

I have had good luck with Burris Fastfire and the Deltapoint. I would not shoot Major for the long term....but overall those two sights are pretty damn good if mounted on the slide.

I use a Trijicon and its mounted on a 5" M&P Pro 9mm. As far as I am concerned. Its a tank.

Also, once I got use to the slide sight vs top mount c-more I am much faster, and even find the dot as its on the target fast.

I have had good luck with Burris Fastfire and the Deltapoint. I would not shoot Major for the long term....but overall those two sights are pretty damn good if mounted on the slide.

What kind of use peramiters are you using to base your Burris opinion on?

Example:

weapon

round count

loads

out of the bag to the bench/ field courses/ training classes etc

I've got one that I can't keep a zero on an AK74 with. I've seen a couple factory guys mount some on shottys but a could never get them to pin down an opinion on performance & longevity.

To the OP

I don't know of any agency issuing them. I know several officers at various agencies around that are using them for duty: a couple at large metro agencies.

RMR's are the overwhelming choice among the men I trust most who run dots for duty. One man I trust likes the Delta point better for carry CONUS. I know & trust others who are still active & have T1 equiped Austrian Perfection for duty rigs OCONUS.

Last year I put a couple thousand minor loads and 100 147gr GDHP through my adjustable RMR equiped Gen4 G17 with no equipment complaints. I quit carrying it because I was measureable slower to the first shot & I didn't have time to dedicate to getting the presentations down. Being slower & sometimes really having to search for the dot made me shelve them until I can truely dedicate the time. I'll rexplore the option after this summer.

I built my 40 caliber XDm open gun, last July, and equipped it with a Fastfire II. That sight has preformed well, and holds zero. Over the winter I purchased a backup Fastfire II, and zeroed it in. This spring I decided to put the backup on, and wring it out. After some 1,000 rounds, recoil would cause the dot to go out, and come back on. I am now using the replacement Burris sent me as my primary, and the original one as my backup. Only time will tell . . .

I had a Deltapoint slide mounted in the dovetail of a M&P9. Using a SL barrel and Carver Compensator I was shooting 9mm major through the gun (7.1gr AC, 124gr MG). The dot always performed well.