Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

124 vs 147 POI

dsa

I am currently shooting 124's out of my Shadow, I found some 147's and I was wondering how much different the POI will be compared to the 124's? Anyone else have experience with this?

I am currently shooting 124's out of my Shadow, I found some 147's and I was wondering how much different the POI will be compared to the 124's? Anyone else have experience with this?

Others might have a different experience but I had a huge difference in POI between 124's and 147's. With the stock sights on my CZ75 (Shadow Line) I was hitting 6 inches high with my 147gr bullets at 15 yrds. When I tested the 124's I was only about an inch high with the same stock sights. I then tested my 147gr bullets with a new 6.5mm (taller) front sight and am now shooting POA=POI out to 25 yrds.

I am shooting Montana Gold 147 gr bullets using 4.2gr of WSF powder at 1.135 AOL

Edited by blueorb

Hey Dave, I've shot both out of my 75bd, and they seemed pretty close (not different enough to change the way I shoot), but I haven't tried it since I started getting super-picky about point of aim. I like the bullets to hit exactly where the blade of the front sight sits from 5-15 yards or so. In general, a change in bullet weight is not enough for me to notice a significant difference. I do notice an inch or 2 difference at 10y when going from minor 40 to major 40 in my cz 40.

I suspect that if a gun is already shooting a little high, the effect will be more dramatic than if the gun is shooting perfectly right now. If you want, I can bring some creampuff 147's to the match on sunday (3.4 gr of n320). I have some laying around that I use for practice in my carry gun. (p01)

Hey Dave, I've shot both out of my 75bd, and they seemed pretty close (not different enough to change the way I shoot), but I haven't tried it since I started getting super-picky about point of aim. I like the bullets to hit exactly where the blade of the front sight sits from 5-15 yards or so. In general, a change in bullet weight is not enough for me to notice a significant difference. I do notice an inch or 2 difference at 10y when going from minor 40 to major 40 in my cz 40.

I suspect that if a gun is already shooting a little high, the effect will be more dramatic than if the gun is shooting perfectly right now. If you want, I can bring some creampuff 147's to the match on sunday (3.4 gr of n320). I have some laying around that I use for practice in my carry gun. (p01)

Please, I would love to give them a try. I won't know for sure if I will be there or not, depends on if my wife gets called off due to low census at work.

Please, I would love to give them a try. I won't know for sure if I will be there or not, depends on if my wife gets called off due to low census at work.

I'll throw some in my bag right now so i won't forget.