Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38sc what recoil spring

Blujay291

Hi guys I'm just about to recieve my first open pistol, it's used but nice. The fella I'm buying from til me to replace the recoil spring every 3000 rounds or so with a 7lb variable spring. Does this sound correct for a 38 sc open gun. Not quite sure of my loads yet but i have true blue and rem 124 Jhps coming, I'll also be using longshot because I have it. Of course I'll be shooting major, I would like to be around a 169-170 pf, so again I would like some input on recoil springs for my 38sc gun. Btw it's a 5in gun with a lightened slide with a trubore barrel and comp set up. Thanks!

I also use an 8lb Sprinco recoil spring. I recently replaced mine with one of their "cryo" springs. We'll see if it actually lasts any longer than their regular spring. I would try 8-10 and see which one gives you the best dot tracking. Going from a 10lb when the gun was new to an 8lb after it was broken in made a HUGE difference in the way the dot tracked.

I have a .38SC with a chopped up 5" slide; running a 9lb ISMI. May try an 8lb. Function is crucial, some guns dont run with springs that are too light. I would try an 8 and a 9 and see what works/feels the best.