Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Match Frenzy

JimmyZip

So how many divisions can you shoot for classifier in a match? Is three ever allowed? Just wondering if a small club would be allowed to let you shoot three for score to get more on your card. Just wondering what is any experience any of you might have had doing this. Usually these type of matches I have been to are not so full that if I had shot three divisions, I do not believe that I would have hampered match progress very much at all. Sure would be fun to shoot a match revo, production, and single stack or rather L-10 with a single stack 40.

JZ

It's up to the club; locally clubs will let you shoot it once for match score, and then again in a different division for classifier purposes.

Never heard of anyone shooting 3 divisions, but no reason to not allow it.

From a performance perspective, it might not be the best thing to do.

I think it depends on how the match is run. If you have open squadding, and can get through 4 times without making the staff stay late, then it probably isn't an issue. If you are at a match with squads, I think it is asking a bit much. How much time can you spend helping reset the stage if you are shooting that much?

I think it depends on how the match is run. If you have open squadding, and can get through 4 times without making the staff stay late, then it probably isn't an issue. If you are at a match with squads, I think it is asking a bit much. How much time can you spend helping reset the stage if you are shooting that much?

My club does open squadding. When I finished shooting my fourth gun there were still at least five other people still shooting.

My club does open squadding. When I finished shooting my fourth gun there were still at least five other people still shooting.

Yeah this is where I worry. the last thing I want to be known of is "that guy" that pissed everyone off. On the other hand, it might be fun to do it just for the shooting's sake. Just Boom boom boom all day long. Sure you pay more, but you shoot more too!

8 to 10 shooters in a squad if you wanna shoot 2 divisions just go 1st or 2nd then take your gear to a safe area and change belts and guns and shoot again at the end. How long does it take to run and score a run?

8 to 10 shooters in a squad if you wanna shoot 2 divisions just go 1st or 2nd then take your gear to a safe area and change belts and guns and shoot again at the end. How long does it take to run and score a run?

This would work out for two. I'm just thinking three might be a little excessive.

And I'm sure none of your squad mates will mind you doing twice the shooting, twice the preparation, and half the helping on the stage. :devil:

Is anyone allowed to reshoot (repeatedly) a classifier stage in the same category - even if it's not for match results, only submission to USPSA for a shooter's classification tally? Since USPSA takes only one score for a particular classifier stage if several scores for that stage have been submitted, does it matter if you shoot the same stage twice or more at one match or once each at three other matches? I can understand arguments both in favor and against reshooting a stage after the match is over.

Does the rulebook address this, or is there a board consensus?

Thanks

Mark

Edited by redial

Is anyone allowed to reshoot (repeatedly) a classifier stage in the same category - even if it's not for match results, only submission to USPSA for a shooter's classification tally? Since USPSA takes only one score for a particular classifier stage if several scores for that stage have been submitted, does it matter if you shoot the same stage twice or more at one match or once each at three other matches? I can understand arguments both in favor and against reshooting a stage after the match is over.

Does the rulebook address this, or is there a board consensus?

Thanks

Mark

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=112350&hl=%2Bclassifier

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104231&hl=%2Bclassifier

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12058&hl=%2Bclassifier

There's probably more, but one of those should answer your question.

Thanks Scott!

You'd think I would know the answer after a decade or two at this game, and I learned a new word - "grandbagging".

It appears legal but the idea of "do-overs" until you get the desired result is plain unsportsmanlike, IMO.

Much appreciated, again

Mark