Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Pro Custom 16-40

twister

• 3 weeks later...

I really am thinking that maybe one of these will be my first real competition gun. Has anyone picked up new info in the past month on release dates? I have seen the 14.45 Pro Customs all over the interwebs for about $1100. I had been looking at an XDm, but by the time you put all the money into it to make it Limited ready, maybe it is just better to get one of these.

Question to owners of the 45's...... How are the triggers on these? Would you still get a trigger job on it or will it do the job?

I have the pro 14.45 and really like it. I've got about 1000 rounds down it and I've been shooting it every Thursday at a local range competition shoot since mid December. So far no failures. The stock mags have been fine. I've got a Dawson extension on order. I like the trigger although I wish it was a little lighter. I had previously been shooting with a Springfield RO.

I am in the same boat with the .40. I've been considering a xdm comp 5.25 in .40. But after seeing what I would need to do to it really want the para. Saw I another forum post by Travis that they are waiting on new mag designs and it's going to be a bit (I.e. Months ) still. Really hope they get things straightened out soon.

That whole mag deal is BS as far as I'm concerned. You can send a man to the moon in less time than Para taking on these mags. On my 16-40 I bought a modified mag catch from Rich at Canyon Creek and run STI mags. Both 140mm and 126mm mags run flawless and drop free perfectly. All Para had to do was use a STI mag as a engineering guide. It's been over a year since the Pro Custom 16-40 was released at Shot in 2013.

Marv, I have the long flat one. I'm just going to have my GS file it down to the equivalent of a short-flat. My trigger press is suffering and a lot of my shots are ending up low and left when I'm putting on speed. It cost me 2 mikes and a no shoot yesterday.

No biggie, just wish there was more support, especially considering how similar they are to 2011's. Thanks, though.

I hear you on the support issue. I have a 16-40 and a 14-45. I really like the all metal frame and just the feel of the gun. I had high hopes for the Pro Custom series, but I'm getting quite discouraged with the lack of response from Para. Wait for over a year, then be told again another 2-3 months. That's what they were saying a year ago at this date.