Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Un running a large U shaped course, is it best to run it opposite of y

ProGunGuy

i have been advised before thta when running a u shaped or straight left right/ right left course, that it is best to run it the opposite of your strong hand. so if you are right handed, you would run it left to right and vice versa, The reasoning is that on the reloads it is less likely to DQ

Any truth to what i have been told?

The reasoning is correct. All else being equal, I'll go L to R (right handed). I've see a blatant 180 DQ by a right handed shooter facing left and turning the gun left to reload.

i have been advised before thta when running a u shaped or straight left right/ right left course, that it is best to run it the opposite of your strong hand. so if you are right handed, you would run it left to right and vice versa, The reasoning is that on the reloads it is less likely to DQ

Any truth to what i have been told?

Where does your muzzle point when doing a reload? If you go through the motions with your hands, I think you will find that you naturally point the muzzle to your weak side.

[edit to add] ... Thus, if you are right handed, and moving to the left, you will have turned your body in that direction. This adds to the amount of turn you already have in your natural reload. So, if you naturally point 45 degrees to the side when you reload, and your body is turned 45 degrees for movement to the next position...you are all over line with the point of your muzzle.

I am a right handed shooter and. Will usually shoot left to right unless the layout makes it more practical or a better option to run it the other way. Then I just watch the reloads

I used to always run left to right. but now i dont care . how the tgts presents themselves is more important to me.

i can reload in 1 step and usualy a side step when going the opposite way.

I am a right handed shooter and. Will usually shoot left to right unless the layout makes it more practical or a better option to run it the other way. Then I just watch the reloads

I used to always run left to right. but now i dont care . how the tgts presents themselves is more important to me.

i can reload in 1 step and usualy a side step when going the opposite way.

This is the answer. Get to this. I am currently trying to get here myself! :bow: