Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Holster?

doobie19

Im purchasing a new holster for my open rig and am indifferent on which to chose. Im sure they are all great, but if im spending that kind of money, i want the best i can get. Im shooting a glock 35 (pic below) and am inbetween the Double Alpha race master and the Cr speed. I leaning more towards the Alpha, but still not sure. Please throw any advice or concerns my way

post-47377-0-11582800-1366486900_thumb.j

I'm pretty sure that with the Carver mount the CR speed is the only one that will work, and then only if it has been machined to fit around the mount. Like this. http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/item126137.ctlg

I have been wondering if a ghost holster could be machine to fit around a carver mount but I'm not sure how the insides of a ghost holster are designed and if there would be enough material to machine away.

I had a DDA and did not like it. If the gun hit the holster at a slight angle it would trip the lock mechanism and the gun would not go in the holster. You then have to reset the lock to get the gun to go in. Friends who are still using them have the same problem they just put up with it.

Edited by Jaxshooter

Your only option is a modified cr speed holster. Use a race master for my sti and glock which has the sjc mount and never had a problem hittin the holster at a weird angle. It took a week or so if dry fire for the draw and re holster to be second nature as I was use to kydex.

The holster is one reason j went with the sjc mount as my backup glock goes in the same race master as my sti for open in about 3 min with a block change and the lock means its not coming out. Not a fan of the cr speed but that's all that's avaliable with a carver mount

I had a DDA and did not like it. If the gun hit the holster at a slight angle it would trip the lock mechanism and the gun would not go in the holster. You then have to reset the lock to get the gun to go in. Friends who are still using them have the same problem they just put up with it.

Sounds like the tension bolt is too loose

Or are you talking about the lever comes up?

Edited by hax

i bought a DDA RACER holster for my STI Steel Master.. at first i had a issue that my pistol would not "lock" .. after an adjustment (allen head screw) this holster works great.. its much more adjustable than the DDA race master.. now when i holster my Steel Master and lock it.. its very secure..