Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is a good time for ESR reload for a Master?

steel1212

Don't miss the head shots! Fast reloads can't make up for those There are only 4 in the whole classifier.

D.Thomas is writting a series on how to shoot the classifier in the Dillon Blue Press. Good read. IMHO

Edited by granderojo

Depends on what your procedure is for timing the reload. I like to use a live fire reference like the shot to shot time firing only zero down at 7 or 10 yards. It's hard to compare time when you don't know how the test is conducted. Obviously a shot to shot time on a 1 yard target would be faster than a 10 yard target.

I was wondering if you'd try to make ESR/MA this time when I got Lin's email. I'm thinking if you made SSR/MA with speedloaders, you'll be fine @ 2.3. You've probably been watching too many of Griffin's reload vids and it's given you a complex about 2.3 being slow :roflol:

I hit ESR/EX in March with 114 and plan to run it at Bluegrass. I don't think my skills have improved enough since then to close the 14 point gap. See you there!

Gonna try to get the M in ESR this weekend but wanna know if I'm on the right track or not. I'm consistent at 2.3 but that just seems slow to me.

2.3 shot to shot at what distance?

A 2.3 reload is not preventing you from making master, not even close.

The little par time classifier sheet I've got lists the following for ESR/MA reloads and shots:

Stage 1 String 6: 8.32

Stage 2 String 3: 10.70

Stage 3 String 1:13.38, String 2: 16.64

With reloads at 2.3, you got this.

SBCMAN,

With the par times you listed above, is that total time and points down or just time?

I would think that's both, but wanted to be sure.

The par sheet I've got lists a total of 2 points down for Stage 1, 6 for stage 2 and 14 for Stage 3. You can see it at this link http://midtnshooters.com/Shooter_Resources.html

I'm not sure how they factored points down into those strings???

The way I read it is the points down are for the stage, not for each string of fire.

The times are the raw time for that string of fire. 2 points sown for srings 1 and 2 are pretty good. That being said, that only adds 1 sec to the total time for the stage.