Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

as of 14:15 EST.....35,000+ votes.

SURVEY RESULTS

Survey started on 10/05/2004.

The last response was on 10-08-2004 14:15.

Question No. 1: Do you think it was right to let the Assault Weapons Ban expire?

Yes 99.6% 35450 Votes

No 0.4% 127 Votes

Undecided 0.1% 19 Votes

Total: 35596 Votes

Question No. 2: Do you believe that the Assault Weapons Ban helped to reduce crimes committed with firearms?

Yes 0.2% 77 Votes

No 99.7% 35499 Votes

Undecided 0.1% 21 Votes

Total: 35597 Votes

Question No. 3: Do you think that letting the Assault Weapons Ban expire will hurt our efforts to strengthen homeland security?

Yes 0.4% 138 Votes

No 99.6% 35447 Votes

Undecided 0.0% 12 Votes

Total: 35597 Votes

Question No. 4: How would you characterize your feelings about gun control in general?

We need to strengthen our gun control laws. 0.2% 69 Votes

I am satisfied with current gun control laws. 0.9% 303 Votes

Our gun control laws are overreaching and threaten our 2nd Amendment Rights. 98.8% 35187 Votes

Undecided 0.1% 41 Votes

Total: 35600 Votes

Return to the Home Page | Close This Window

I can't believe with how quickly the votes are being tallied that someone hasn't setup some program to continuously vote on this thing, thereby skewing the results. I just don't have that much faith in the American people to believe that, all of a sudden, they've all seen the light.

[root@cp root]# cat poll-nuke.sh

#! /bin/csh -f

nuke:

curl -A "Mozilla/4.0" -e http://www.house.gov/susandavis/sur...tober_2004.html -d dummy="dummy field" -d question1=yes -d question2=no -d question3=no -d question4=overreaching 'http://www.house.gov/htbin/formproc/susandavis/survey/survey_rtr_october_2004.txt&display=/susandavis/survey/survey_result_october_2004.htm'

goto nuke

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Alex

In case anyone was in doubt, here is what I found as her statement (from the "NEWS" section of her website, on the sunset of the AWB:

"September 13, 2004"

Congresswoman Susan Davis Statement on the Expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban

Washington, DC — Congresswoman Susan Davis issued the following statement on the assault weapons ban that is set to expire at midnight tonight. Davis is a co-sponsor of legislation to renew and strengthen the ban.

“With so much concern about whether America is safer, it is hard to imagine the expiration of the assault weapons ban aiding in the goal of a safer America.

“I am disappointed that the House Leadership chose to ignore the will of a majority of Americans and the majority of gun owners and let the ban expire.

“The assault weapons ban was a common sense, gun safety law that not only should be renewed but should be strengthened.”

Should be strengthened?!??? This lady is off her rocker. Maybe she picked up this soft-headed thinking while living in Japan.