Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aim projectiles 9mm 147 grain - Canada

S-Hurt

Rumor has it 100,000 of these plated bullets are headed to the US from Canada to sell. I've ordered 2,000 9mm 147 grain. I normally shoot a Montana Gold but they are a little busy right now! I can't find any feedback on these bullets on the web. www.aimprojectile.com My gun is a Glock Gen 4 model 34 with a Jager spring / guide rod. Any feedback is appreciated. I've never loaded or shot a plated bullet to my knowledge.

I have run AIM's in my open 38Super for nigh on 6 years. Accuracy is very good, able to hit pepper poppers at 45 - 50 yrds. without a problem without any holdover. I generally run the 124's, but for this weekends match I've loaded 147's. Other fellows that I shoot with run them in their Glocks in 9 mm and .40 cal. Up here, they are comparable in cost to the Berry's so, with the fact that one of my fellow shooters is a distributor for them makes it an easy choice. The only thing to watch on the AIM's is the weight, they may be approx. 0.1 - 0.2 grains shy on the weight, so adjust your charge accordingly if your running close to the minor PF floor.

I shoot these as well and will add a side note: Watch the OAL on your reloads. Check them in the gun chamber!! If you look at the bullet it has a odd shape to it. So, it tends to hit the lands where other FMJ wont . I load these for a Springfield XDM 5.25 and the round chambers in all my 9mm except the springfield. They end up being too long. I'm sure the springfield chamber is a bit tight.

Worth the few seconds to check. Like I said, they shoot great, but check OAL with your particular rig you will shoot them in.

BTW...it's lot more than 100K ;)

Edited by lablover

I used to use and sell AIM bullets until some of my customers started complaining about the 124 jackets stripping off, and these were the thicker plated ones.

The problem I had was that the bullet weights were not consistant. 147's were 142's some batches and weights in between. My 158's are 152's. The plating is pinholed - caused by oil from improper cleaning.

I went back to Frontier's from South Africa.

I used to use and sell AIM bullets until some of my customers started complaining about the 124 jackets stripping off, and these were the thicker plated ones.

The problem I had was that the bullet weights were not consistant. 147's were 142's some batches and weights in between. My 158's are 152's. The plating is pinholed - caused by oil from improper cleaning.

I like the Fontier's, may i ask who or where you are getting them from at this time?

I like the Fontier's, may i ask who or where you are getting them from at this time?

Marstar, but I cleaned them out of their last remaining 147's a month ago.

I was told that it would be at least a year before they get anymore bullets in.

My thoughts exactly, I ordered some of these a month or so ago and was not happy with the weight consistency or the appearance. Out of just a handful I pulled out of the box the weights and lengths were all over the place, not to mention at least 3-4 were not loadable because they were misshaped. I am no fan of Berry's but these hold no candle to Berry's Bullets in quality.

I shot the 124gr out of two different Tanfoglio open guns, and my Shadow, and some 230's in my .45. I cannot say that I had any problems and accuracy was good. The 9mm 147gr I had to load to 1.100" so they would chamber, but no accuracy or reliability issues that I recall.

• 2 weeks later...

Marstar, but I cleaned them out of their last remaining 147's a month ago.

I was told that it would be at least a year before they get anymore bullets in.

There is another importer for Frontier Bullets in Ontario, and I doubt you'll see Marstar carrying them again.

Give me a shout if you need the number.