Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Punches sizes for working on thenXDM.

swedge58

I am wanting to pick up some correct punches to be able to do a PPR trigger job on my XDM 5.25 9mm plus a complete disassemble of the handgun. Looking for a reasonably prices set with a hammer. Let me know what you guys are using.

I am wanting to pick up some correct punches to be able to do a PPR trigger job on my XDM 5.25 9mm plus a complete disassemble of the handgun. Looking for a reasonably prices set with a hammer. Let me know what you guys are using.

You MUST have a 1/16" punch.

For everything else you can use either a 1/8" or 5/32", though if I had to pick 1 I would go with the 5/32".

It's also nice to have a #3 (3/32") roll pin punch for the striker retainer pin. If you've ever removed this roll pin with "improvised" punches, you'll wonder how you ever managed to get by without the correct tool. You'll end up coming out ahead just buying the right tool to start with rather than ruining an allen wrench.

Edited by d_striker

Nope I plan on following your lead. Plus save myself 30 bucks on punches.

At around $600 for a gun, 30 bucks is a small investment to have the correct tools. Plus get a few extra striker pins just in case.

You MUST have a 1/16" punch.

For everything else you can use either a 1/8" or 5/32", though if I had to pick 1 I would go with the 5/32".

It's also nice to have a #3 (3/32") roll pin punch for the striker retainer pin. If you've ever removed this roll pin with "improvised" punches, you'll wonder how you ever managed to get by without the correct tool. You'll end up coming out ahead just buying the right tool to start with rather than ruining an allen wrench.

Broke down and bought a set of punches at Home Depot. 13 dollars I can live with. Plus used them last night to install a new trigger guard and bolt catch for my AR. Going to watch the PRP video a couple more times and just go ahead and order the trigger next week.