Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian Magazine issues?

rerun

I was going to start my shooting again after six years being away from it with the EURO-GUN and use a Tanfoglio platform to which i could cheaply add uppers and have a well rounded Caliber platform without spending a fortune. and the best part is using your same Receiver so you can stay familiar with one gun . But after much study and questions to these boards i find that Tanfo doesn't go out of their way to help anybody and it is much like Caspian they want to do race business but they were never really 100 percent dedicated to that goal if they were they would have tons of aftermarket parts like there are for STI and SVI and 1911, Glock, Blah blah blah.. After holding a Tanfo last week i realized that my little sausage's didn't like the frame it felt nothing like my beloved Caspians with the frame reductions i had a couple of machinist do and no grip panels just Skater tape! So i'm back to Caspian as my Blaster's Limited 10 in five inch .40 and a 6" 9mm tracker for three gunning . But i just heard that the magazine situation for Caspian still sucks???? REALLY? REALLY? After 6 years they haven't fixed that? someone tell me it aint true. Please tell me you can readily buy Magazines in .40s&w and 9mm, lord knows i can't go back to Magazine problems.........I just can't do it...

Edited by rerun

When i used to play this game i had the best of the best equipment and found myself in an equipment race from hell that led me to get rid of my three Bedell guns and go to a platform that was rare! Caspian,

I figured with Travis Tomasie Backing Caspian Guns that i couldn't go wrong with one . But what i experienced was a living Nightmare trying to make those old Caspian mags run, so as i was fast tracking to my A card and starting to win matches my scores fell and fell and fell because i knew that any second i was gonna have FTF . and it truly took my game to the toilet!........As i walked away from shooting 6 years ago i watched the boards and heard that lots of people were involved in making new magazines for the Caspian in .40 and in 9mm/38super and the battle of the magazine was soon to be over?

Not really sure what the question is...but I like the new .38 super mags and run them sucessfully after tuning them.

If you don't want to run the new Caspian mags then the MecGar EAA Witness mags can be trimmed to fit the Caspian frame, also.

Not really sure what the question is...but I like the new .38 super mags and run them sucessfully after tuning them.

If you don't want to run the new Caspian mags then the MecGar EAA Witness mags can be trimmed to fit the Caspian frame, also.

Do you have any problem out of the .40 caspian mags? running them in a Caspian?

I don't shoot .40 so I don't have first hand experience.

However, I got a .40 cal mag in a horsetrade and tweaked that so I can run .38 super out of it.... does that count?

;)

I don't shoot .40 so I don't have first hand experience.

However, I got a .40 cal mag in a horsetrade and tweaked that so I can run .38 super out of it.... does that count?

;)

LOL..................Yeah.............Not so much!.........but thanks for the giggle!

contact jim anglin at sailors customs, his username here is jjanglin.

caspian expert

Back in the day i bought a couple of mags that he had welded together and to be honest they didn't work well either. I was really hopeing that i could just buy some from Caspian that worked!!!!

But thanks i may call him just to catch up!

I have been running the New 40 mags for some time now. You must follow the directions provided by Caspian to make them work. Also, I would use a casepro for sizing your used brass. By using the casepro you'll be able to get 21 in the mag and it will work. But, in a side note. I still only use new ammo at major matches. I have heard tell that Grundhauser in MN is making Caspian frame take STI mag's.

I have been running the New 40 mags for some time now. You must follow the directions provided by Caspian to make them work. Also, I would use a casepro for sizing your used brass. By using the casepro you'll be able to get 21 in the mag and it will work. But, in a side note. I still only use new ammo at major matches. I have heard tell that Grundhauser in MN is making Caspian frame take STI mag's.

Awesome news i dont have a case pro but i will be shooting white box winchester in 9mm and .40 and to be honest i dont care if i only get 19 rounds thats enough 99.6 percent of the time.

Several places sell the new Caspian mags in 9mm & 40 like Brownells,Shooters connection and of course straight from Caspian.

Thanks so much for all your help! Now i'm getting somewhere

i have 2 Caspian Open guns. I got the first when I started shooting open in 1994, One of them became my project gun in 2005 when I bought a Brazos STI and discovered the new world of big sticks that run and never thinking about anything except shooting when that buzzer goes off. 40,000+ rounds and never a malfunction. But I still chase the holy grail of getting that Caspian to run because I like the way it feels and I guess I like the challenge. Feed it 10.6 AA#7 with a 115 and you can pull the trigger as fast as you can and that dot won't move. I even have a 27 round mag welded up by a local genius that works great. had the grail in my grasp when I noticed a tiny crack in the slide (STI top end on first rebuild). Its now getting its second top end in 9mm major and the project will continue. My problem with Caspian is that the company has never supported the gun by producing 170mm mags that work. The excuse I got about the AWB went away in 2004. The new style mags may run in .40 but the super mags suck out of the box. I should need to do major work on a mag from a factory? Load any Caspian mag and if you don't see the top 2 or 3 rounds stacked nice and straight that mag is due for a nose dive. So the bottom line for me is that Caspian could be a competitor for STI/SV but will not due to lack of company support to produce 170 mags and mags that run in general, Now if certian guy in MN gets that STI mag to work in the Caspian frame....

Hello: I have been fighting the new Caspian 40 mags for about 9 months to make them run. I had to squeeze the top crimps so the rounds would stack correctly. I also had to squeeze the body to tighten them up in the frame to help with feeding. My last step has been cutting the feed lips back to help with releasing the round sooner. Will I build another Caspian double stack with there mags--not likely! If you like metal grips I would look at the STI or SVI metal grips on a S_I frame. Caspian, make better mags and you would sell alot more frames :cheers: Thanks, Eric

I have 4 of the new style 40 mags and so far they have run 100%. The only thing that I've noticed is on the mag that I changed spring and follower (Arredondo)for more capacity, the feed lips have opened up a little. It looks like the Caspsians are a little thinner in that area as opposed to S_I .

I have 4 of the new style 40 mags and so far they have run 100%. The only thing that I've noticed is on the mag that I changed spring and follower (Arredondo)for more capacity, the feed lips have opened up a little. It looks like the Caspsians are a little thinner in that area as opposed to S_I .

Thank you,

This is what the boards are all about, With information like i've been getting i can make informative decisions with out costing me a ton of cash!

Thanks again