Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm sti mags

gunner40sw

Grams makes a spring and follower kit specifically for use with spacers in STI mags. They are easy to fit and will give you more capacity over the STI guts.

what kind of fitting is required for the grams spring & follower to work in STI mags... my Steel Match came with one mag..i bought several more... they don't load as easily as the one that came with my pistol.. (from dawson precision).. i would like to upgrade my other 3 mags to work as good as the one that came with my pistol.

They drop right in.... If u but the 9mm followers make sure u have a spacer. U can mod them if u don't want the slide to lock back.

• 4 weeks later...

Any one know which side of the Plastic spacer that comes with the STI 9x19 Mags both in 140mm & 170mm goes toward the back of the mag? One side is Shiny and the opposite side is dull with a small box stamped on the plastic.I've been using the SHINY side against the Mag Spring.

Any one know which side of the Plastic spacer that comes with the STI 9x19 Mags both in 140mm & 170mm goes toward the back of the mag? One side is Shiny and the opposite side is dull with a small box stamped on the plastic.I've been using the SHINY side against the Mag Spring.

The shim in the STI 9mm mag that came with my Trubor had the shiny side facing the spring and follower. I run the metal shims glued into in all my other 9mm mags.

Thanks, I didn't remember how they came out because they fell out when I took the mag apart. BTW alot of the stock plastic spacers are not sized properly from the factory & some are too short (I had a shorty in my 170mm Mag that didn't reach the top of the mag) so I spoke to STI & they said they would send me out a replacement. If these spacers aren't long enough you have to nudge each round forward while loading so they don't hang up on the short spacer & nose dive while you're pressing the round in ! I have a Grams Follower & Spring & Beven suggested that the plastic spacer be Silicone Glued in the body of the Mag to keep it where it's supposed to be. Let me also mention that anyone needing Mag Parts should be doing business with Grams Engineering, Beven always makes time to actually speak with customers regarding any issues, super nice guy... :cheers:

I use the magazine as it was produced my STI. With all the costs associated with this sport I can't bring myself to change all the components of a magazine that has been working just fine. By the time you change the springs, followers and base pads I could have about another magazine.

• 1 year later...

I use the magazine as it was produced my STI. With all the costs associated with this sport I can't bring myself to change all the components of a magazine that has been working just fine. By the time you change the springs, followers and base pads I could have about another magazine.

I agree about the cost of extras being the same price as a new mag, but those extra rounds really pay off. If you are going to play the game you might as well be competitive. There are plenty of stages were 22 rounds will get you through multiple arrays and 17 will make you run dry. I would rather have 4 21 round mags than 8 17 round mags.