Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reasons to choose 9mm, .40, or .45?

rutilate

Duh. My bad. Do a lot of people shoot minor in SS, or is it pretty much all major?

I was an RO at the WSSSC and if I recall correctly most of the shooters were shooting major (40 or 45) (>70 or 80%) relatively few minor shooters. (Of course we had a lot of rain which could have washed most of the minor shooters away.. :goof: )

I didn't read through all of the responses so I apologize if I'm repeating information anyone else has already stated.

Get a .40! It's much more versatile for USPSA. You can shoot Limited and L-10 down the road even if it's not something that interests you now.

Also, .40 minor feels like cheating in Production. Shhhh, let's keep it our secret.

40 is more versatile, and for old weak people like me it takes less physical force to resize the cases, and less dexterity to handle them. You do pay an extra 50-75 cents per box of 50 tho.

I personally shoot 40 in production because I'm over 50 years old and my wife is 34, and shooting 40 is a LOT more manly than shooting some euro-metrosexual-9mm nonsense. But there's probably a good reason that 9mm is the dominant caliber in production class (most production competitors don't have hot young wives).

;)

Sir, you are my hero.