Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Horrible accuracy, 115 gr plated

Chucker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought bullets were bullets until i shot Xtreme bullets. I have experienced key holes in both 9mm and 40 S&W. I would not recommend for competitive shooting.

Probably crimped them too much. EXTREMES are just fine if loaded properly. Can't load plated and Jacketed the same way.

I'm getting acceptable accuracy from Extreme for now. I have recently took a big interest in exceptional accuracy from my pistols. My dream is to shoot some NRA AP and Bianchi Cup style matches. No matches near me or even in my state but I'm going ahead anyway. I've done some experimentation in 9mm [old CZ and new Beretta 92 Brig.] and .38 Super Auto [Colt]. I have on hand 124 gr. Extreme HPCB, 150 gr, Bayou SWC in .356, 124 gr. Bayou TCG in .356, 135 gr. Bayou RN in .356 and 115 gr. Hornady HAP in .355.

Acceptable accuracy from the Extremes at 25 yards. OK for IDPA, especially the frequent indoor matches I shoot. That said I won't be buying anymore. Really decent accuracy form the Bayou 135's and 150's in the Super. I over loaded the 150's in 9mm and got pressure signs but I'm out of samples for now. Best, by far: the 115 HAP's. I'm saving those for match use and I'm going to try some Bayou 115's next.