Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Pin walking out on Phantom

mspiredm3

Hey guys,

This issue seems to be getting worse...

After a few hundred rounds, the trigger pin seems to walk out just enough to not let you use the gun in DA. It will still pull fine in SA. If I push the pin back into place, everything is fine again.

Any solutions? Slightly larger trigger pin available?

use a pointed punch to spread out both sides so it doesn't move.

So while the pin is in the gun, put a larger punch on one side to hold the pin in place, then use a smaller punch and hammer it hard to attempt to spread the ends of the pin? How would you get the pin out later if need be?

Mine from 2008 has coiled spring pins, completely different from metal framed CZs. Opening up both sides would seem like a bad plan looking at mine. Based on some of the other answers maybe they changed them at some point?

I used an automatic center punch, only on one end, with the pin removed. Then drove it in with the small, non modified end first. Phantom doesn't get shot much, but it's been working like that for a few thousand rounds.

Phantom trigger pin is different than standard pin . It's like the Cajun pin but thicker.

I have the Cajun trigger pin in and after I read this I went to change the pin back to the original. Found the true issue, the Cajun pin broke in half. The original and Cajun appear to be the same diameter.

20130309_170222.jpg

I'm not familiar with the Cajun pin so...

What most people call a "roll pin" is a slotted spring pin, a piece of spring steel rolled in a circle with a gap between the ends. A coiled spring pin is similar but it is wrapped around itself a couple times, no gap. Looks like a snail from the side.

My phantom came with coiled spring pins all the way around.

There's your problem. CGW will take care of that (if they haven't already). David said he had a couple pins break out of several hundred, so he redesigned the pin to be vastly stronger. He sent me one for free. I had one of the originals that was doing fine still after 20k or more trigger pulls, and I had one that broke after 2 months. Go figger.

I'm not familiar with the Cajun pin so...

What most people call a "roll pin" is a slotted spring pin, a piece of spring steel rolled in a circle with a gap between the ends. A coiled spring pin is similar but it is wrapped around itself a couple times, no gap. Looks like a snail from the side.

My phantom came with coiled spring pins all the way around.

Ok, I know what you mean now. The original is a solid pin. I did buy the Phantom used, but the pevious owner didn't say he changed anything but the hammer spring out.

There's your problem. CGW will take care of that (if they haven't already). David said he had a couple pins break out of several hundred, so he redesigned the pin to be vastly stronger. He sent me one for free. I had one of the originals that was doing fine still after 20k or more trigger pulls, and I had one that broke after 2 months. Go figger.

I'm sure David will replace it, I will get a replacement when I place my next order with him for the SRS kit and a few other goodies :)