Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo's future availability?

robmont

Yep, as long as people continue today $75 for a box of 550 22lrs this will continue, once no one is willing to pay the prices the flippers will a don choice but to drop their prices. I'm never paying .17/rd for 22. .....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a bunch of CCI small pistol primers for $30 per thousand. Out here in Cali, that was a damn good price even before all this nonsense. Once the bullet manufacturers catch up, I think we'll be in good shape again... about six months ahead of my prediction at the start of this thread!

Edited by jkrispies

I've been waiting in line at a local store just before they open on the day after a ammo truck arrives. The store limits boxes to 3 total per customer (was 3 per caliber per customer). I wait 30-45 minutes before they open and always get mine. .22, 5.56, 9 mm all come in regularly now (wasn't that way 2 months ago).

There has been SOME easing in the supply/demand problem because shipments are trending bigger and ammo is lasting longer through the day.

My guess is we will see things slightly easing as summer rolls on then by mid-fall we will be caught up.

Sendit

Slipped into a local Academy this morning and to my amazement, there were well over 100 boxes of 22LR on the counter. (Federal, American Something & Winchester). All ammo found at the Academy's customer service counter still has the 1 box per caliber and 3 boxes total per day limit.

But $2.29 for a box of Federal Champion ammo was refreshing.

Turns out, this ammo was delivered Friday night and has been on the shelves since early Saturday morning. Sufficient quantities were delivered to last through today. Lots of other calibers at the customer service counter including .223/5.56 and 7.62x39.

The .308 ammo is no longer limited to a box per day and is out on the shelf.

Noted a total of eight AR's on the gun rack. Salesman indicated they had more guns in the back.

Its slowly getting better,

Bill

Shucks! With reports like this I AM starting to feel that maybe we will see "normal" by early Fall.

WalMart's here in Metro Atlanta are not showing broad improvement though one of the better stores in Alpharetta a few days ago had a pretty broad stock of most items. NO ONE has 22 LR except ranges at $5 per 50 in a coffee cup.

• 2 weeks later...

Slipped into a local Academy this morning and to my amazement, there were well over 100 boxes of 22LR on the counter. (Federal, American Something & Winchester). All ammo found at the Academy's customer service counter still has the 1 box per caliber and 3 boxes total per day limit.

But $2.29 for a box of Federal Champion ammo was refreshing.

Turns out, this ammo was delivered Friday night and has been on the shelves since early Saturday morning. Sufficient quantities were delivered to last through today. Lots of other calibers at the customer service counter including .223/5.56 and 7.62x39.

The .308 ammo is no longer limited to a box per day and is out on the shelf.

Noted a total of eight AR's on the gun rack. Salesman indicated they had more guns in the back.

Its slowly getting better,

Bill

I noticed the same thing at 2 different Academy's in Austin.

If anyone really needs to get some regular priced .22 bricks or bulk packs of .223, just ask your local Academy or Walmart when the shipments come in. Then just show up in line (there will probably be a line) an hour before they open. That's how some of the flippers are getting their ammo. One of my friends that just bought his first AR did that 4 or 5 times to stock up on ammo so he could start practicing and competing.