Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what ever happened to?

njrich

I've heard old timers talk about them. Never seen one. Something about "leather slap" matches....

:D:D:D

that was my very first IPSC rig..an Ernie Hill LE model..nice stuff for the day..nicely crafted leather with steel insert...

Ernie stopped doing IPSC gear and went back to doing fast draw leather gear..Think Ernie holds or did hold some world records in the fast draw world of competition..

every now and then you can find his stuff on the auction sites..but no new stuff...

My FLG had a glut of the stuff in the late 90s right after Ernie quit making and started doing carry holsters instead. It's all gone now, though. I see a piece here and there at club matches, though. I know of one guys who shoots limited10 with an Ernie Hill triple mag carrier at his belt buckle.

I still have an Ernie Hill competition holster for my Browning HiPower P35. The holster is stamped CZ on the back so I assume it's designed for that gun. Although, to tell you the truth, when I bought the holster in 1990, I had never even heard of a CZ!

The holster is really well made. I would still use it for my P35, except the plastic piece that is in the bottom of the holster with the barrel post on it has broken in two.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement?

-Chet