Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PMC Slugs

deke

I think I found a good deal on PMC 1oz. 2 3/4 slugs. $2.50 for a box of 10. Is that a good deal? Also, would these have some severe recoil? I'm not up for that right now, and if need be, I'll keep looking for a deal on Fed Tac. Slugs. Thanks for your input.

-deke

I was talking to Matt Burkett and he said the the PMC with Brenke Slug is the most accurate slug round around.  They are a bit stiff though.  I just got a JP shotgun comp and it should tame the jolt......

Rob

That's a smoking deal!  I thought I've found a good deal with Wolf 12 ga 1 oz. slugs at $1.65/5 rounds box.  Good and accurate (German made) for the price, but $2.50 for 10 rds. is even better.  Recoil is no worse than full power 00 buck, as long as you are not on bench with the shotgun, it's not bad.

I don't know if the "Remington tactical" is the same as the Remington Low Recoil LE slugs but I have had great luck with them. They are not restricted like the Winchester LE slugs and don't beat you to death. I payed about $13 for a a boxes of 25 last time. Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

What is the difference between Federal Tactical, PMC, Remington reduced etc. apart from price.

I see that the Federal is recommended for 3 gun but why is that.

I am about to start using slugs for 3 gun and have an assortment - Winchester Super X, Remington Sluggers and other loose rounds and the are all 1oz 2 3/4 cases -but dont really have the time to buy lots of different makes to individually test them. Does any one make shorter slug shells e.g 2 1/2 inch cases.

Thanks