Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mobile 1Grease - surprised by performance should I worry?

mumzer

I have been known to take my 930 carrier and bolt and put it in a tub of mobile 1 for a day or two and put it back in and shoot :)

I think I am going to have to try this with my BCG for the AR...

Synthetic auto trans fluid. I believe it's the same as the new best in the world WC $10 for 4oz. lube. Lol. Well maybe not but it works great and last a long time, a qt. that is. Good luck !

I use Royal Purple Max Gear lube in the outdrive of my high performance boat. I may have to dry some on my 1911s. The stuff is really slippery. If I remember correctly 90 weight

I use Royal Purple 85w90 in the lower unit of my Mercury Racing outboard, and have been using it in my guns for several years now. It will stay in place longer than light oil and will pour at -20F.

Hurley

I have been using synthetic motor oil for firearms lube for several years now. Specifically Castrol 0w30 European Formula. My quart is labeled Syntec although I believe this oil is now labeled Edge. Where I need or like grease I use Super Lube synthetic grease. And to clean I use a modified Ed's Red mix. I don't add the acetone and use more ATF. My mix is two parts ATF, one part K1 kerosene, and one part odorless mineral spirits. This and a M16 brush will clean extremely well without stripping all the oil off the parts. Which I think is only desirable to do when finishing.

I have been using Mobil 1 for years. As for cleaning if the gun is real dirty I will strip it down and put it in the table top Parts cleaner full of mineral spirits overnight use an air hose to finish up next day clean as a whistle