Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which sidesaddle for Versa Max

mo4

I bought the GG&G side saddle and was just going to tap two holes in the side of the receiver for it. I ended up not installing it because loading from a saddle is so much slower than a load two or load four. If I need more rounds I'll just add another shell holder to my belt.

Thanks fellas for the information. I realize I might be hijacking my own thread here but your response got me thinking. I am currently loading weak hand from the belt.

I was thinking about the saddle for when I am at slide lock and need to quickly get one in the chamber so I can load the rest. What is the generally most accepted way to do this? I'm pretty new to 3 gun if you didn't notice. :)

Grab 1 throw it in, hit the release, grab three, load three, grab 4, load 4?

Grab 4, throw one in, hit button, load three, grab 4, load 4?

Grab 1 from saddle, hit button, grab 4, load 4, grab 4, load 4?

Does this make any sense?

If

Thanks fellas for the information. I realize I might be hijacking my own thread here but your response got me thinking. I am currently loading weak hand from the belt.

I was thinking about the saddle for when I am at slide lock and need to quickly get one in the chamber so I can load the rest. What is the generally most accepted way to do this? I'm pretty new to 3 gun if you didn't notice. :)

Grab 1 throw it in, hit the release, grab three, load three, grab 4, load 4?

Grab 4, throw one in, hit button, load three, grab 4, load 4?

Grab 1 from saddle, hit button, grab 4, load 4, grab 4, load 4?

Does this make any sense?

Side saddles are trash. You don't need one especially if you are week hand loading. It will get in the way of your shells in your weak hand. Ask me how I know this.

If I pull a dumbass and go to slide lock and I only need one shell I go to my belt for one flip the ejection port upward drop the shell in hit button and make damn sure I don't miss.

If I have to load more than just one I grab four, port load one under/around the gun, then load three and continue with the tradition load 4 in the tube method.