Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi from Cent. Florida

cedeubanks

Hi, to all. I am a newbie here and new to the shooting sport. I am an ex-air force veteran and have just come back to the fun of shooting after many years. I am looking for a range/club in the central florida area that I can begin to shoot outside. I have been shooting indoors at my LGS, enjoyed it but am very inetersted in how to get started in 3 gun competitions. I have at this point only purchased my handguns but have convinced the wife that after we attend our first 3 gun competition, to purchase a shotgun and rifle. So, also looking for the first competition to attend and watch and get pointers. I own a S&W M&P .40, a Glock 17 and 26. Would like to learn more (been reading on the forum) on how to reload as this ammo "shortage" is driving me nuts. Thanks for any and all pointers especially in the central florida area.

Charles

CFRPC is a great facility. I have only shot their IDPA matches (1st Sunday of the month) and Karl Reddinger (Match Director) does a great job. If you like revolvers, Dick Divettorio runs a ICORE match on the 4th Sunday of the month, and another fine match; never shot one of those, but I have shot with him and know him to be a pretty sharp MD). Volusia Gun & Hunt Club (just a few miles west of Sanford, and another great facility) has a ICORE match 3rd Saturday of the month (good match, good folks) and a Steel Challenge Match on the 2nd Saturday of the month (haven't gotten there yet, but will) and they shoot IDPA, and probably some other stuff... I know they advertise a .22 Rimfire action match, but haven't gotten to that one yet (but will).

Flagler IDPA (just east of Bunnel) puts on a IDPA match the 4th Sunday of the month, and I am one of the Chief Safety Officers there. Another fun group.They also throw in some 2 or 3 gun matches every now and then.

You can Google any one of these websites and find the schedule and directions, and contact info. In central Florida, the only restriction on matches is how much ammo you can find. You can, literally, shoot a match every weekend of the month, and sometimes a Saturday & Sunday match on the same weekend. Give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Volusia also has a USPSA match the 4th Saturday of each month. Titusville Gun Club has a USPSA match the first Saturday and a Steel Challenge match the 1st Sunday of the month. They are located about 30 miles south of the Volusia County club.

Welcome aboard.

Don't know where you are exactly but Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof puts on some of the best matches around. The host the FL open and some of the other bigger matches as far as USPSA goes. Club matches and steel challenge on every 2nd Sunday and they just started 3 gun and action steel on the 3rd Saturday (I think). Shannon Smith and Manny Bragg run the place and do an incredible job. Very professionally done. Definitely check it out if you can.