Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unusual Primers

okorpheus

• 2 weeks later...

If I saw a box that has the word ' PISTOLOVE ' on it, I' buy it no questions asked.

Just saying.

Local gun store had a few cases of these in stock, but weren't a brand I've heard much about. Anyone use them?

post-38837-136166959479_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I use those a lot and they work fine. You do need to watch for high primers. I've not Mic'd them up yet but for some reason my 650XL will give me a high one once in awhile and only with these? They are harder then most others as well.

HTH

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually wondering about these too. I've searched on hear and on google but keep getting mixed reviews. Some say they didn't work in their gun, but it looked like mostly glock and xd. Things like that. And it seemed to be light priner strikes. Wouldn't extended firing pin fix that? Any addition insight would be great. Good deal came across my feet but I don't know enough about the product to jump on it or not!!!

Usually a 1911 style gun will ignite most anything, most striker fired guns with stock springs will also do well. Striker guns with light springs may have problems with harder primers, especially small rifle primers and revolvers with light trigger pulls usually use Federal primers.