Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 National Championship

redmist10

After seeing the growing number of revolver shooters at this year's match (48!) a group of us began toying with the idea of an ALL REVOLVER SQUAD for next year's match.

Talking with "Dru" after the awards ceremony we figured out it would be best if everyone sent their applications to a central location and then we would send them to her in one big package.

So far we have at least eight to ten people interested. I'm betting we could drum up enough interest for two full squads by match time.

Right now I'm taking names and addresses of interested people. As the match application date approaches I'll contact everyone on the list to see if they are still interested in participating.

If you're interested send me you're contact information and we'll add you to the list.

WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION!!! :ph34r:

Steve L.

Total guess but the Nats will most likely return to CASA in Little Rock.

There were many first time National participants - don't worry about it. If you're nervous try a state championship match or two to get started. You have a year to get up the courage. :P

If you are interested later, drop me a private message with your contact information and we'll get you in the right crowd. ;)

Total guess but the Nats will most likely return to CASA in Little Rock.

There were many first time National participants - don't worry about it. If you're nervous try a state championship match or two to get started. You have a year to get up the courage. :P

If you are interested later, drop me a private message with your contact information and we'll get you in the right crowd. ;)

Thanks, I shoot the S&W Winter Championship, the MA state match, The NH state match, and the New England regionals. Still, the Nats are a bit different. Maybe not.

If I hold up this year, I will be there. Private message being sent.

regards,

Gary

You may be humbled now and then but I seriously doubt you would ever be humiliated at any match. We followed JM all day Thursday and he had a few rough spots. I believe he had changed sights before the match and was not completely comfortable with the new ones until the later stages. It was still a lesson in revolver shooting, don't get me wrong.

Shooting minor hurts you in USPSA - IMHO...but I understand the reasoning.

We'll leave a spot open for you if you change your mind... ;)

After seeing the growing number of revolver shooters at this year's match (58!) a group of us began toying with the idea of an ALL REVOLVER SQUAD for next year's match.

Talking with "Dru" after the awards ceremony we figured out it would be best if everyone sent their applications to a central location and then we would send them to her in one big package.

So far we have at least eight to ten people interested.  I'm betting we could drum up enough interest for two full squads by match time.

Right now I'm taking names and addresses of interested people.  As the match application date approaches I'll contact everyone on the list to see if they are still interested in participating.

If you're interested send me you're contact information and we'll add you to the list. 

WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION!!! :ph34r:

Steve L.

Our group shot squad 12 and we had plenty of revolver shooters. Dan Short won SSR EX (now a MA) Theo Carter 2nd SSR, SS hotly contested. And yes we kicked around a revolver squad for next year. I doubt 2 squads will be enough, LOL.

RW,

I met you at dinner right?  Good talking with you guys.

Yep. I was part of "Team Rimz" only one of our defectors saw fit to shoot a bottom feeder in ESP. My guess is next year another one of our group will shoot the Nationals, this time he was shooting an IPSC match in AZ.

Little Rock was a blast and I thought the HQ ran it very well. A few things could be improved but overall I had a great time and met some cool people. Watching Jerry Miculek shoot on Thursday was a lot of fun. Man he's fast!

• 7 months later...

Well I see the new Tac Journal has the applications inside and it is posted on the web as well.

Here is how I propose to do this if anyone is still interested. It will involve a lot of trust in those that wish to participate. Dru said it would be best to have all interested parties mail their applications in together in order to be squaded....so...what will most likely need to take place will be this -

Anyone interested in participating in an all-revolver squad (and we might have to have more than one :P ) will have to send their completed application and money order, cashier's check, check, whatever) to me or another designee and then all of the applications will be mailed in one box according to IDPA stipulations on arrival dates and mailing dates, etc. and so forth.

That is the trust part. Whomever (and I'm assuming it would be me) gets all the applications has to be trusted by all the other folks....your application to the big match will be in my hands (or another designee)....either way, we'll have to trust the person that has the applications to actually get them there on time. In order to do this we will have to set up some "rules" like the last date all the applications must reach the designee so they can be checked and rechecked and then put in a mailer for Arkansas...

Any suggestions? Still interested? Worried? :lol:

Obviously, I'll try to get with Dru again and make sure we have to do it this way...

Well I see the new Tac Journal has the applications inside and it is posted on the web as well.

(SNIP)

Any suggestions?  Still interested?  Worried? :lol:

Obviously, I'll try to get with Dru again and make sure we have to do it this way...

No longer interested in supporting IDPA Nationals. I have not shot an IDPA match since February as I am having too much fun in USPSA. I only see one IDPA match in my future this year.

http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/IDPAMA2005.htm

Best of luck, I will watch for the results.

Regards,

Thanks for being honest,

I was figuring that most everyone is in the same boat. I too have been shooting USPSA exclusively since last years IDPA Nationals but figured I would throw it out there and see if anyone was still interested. Frankly, I'd rather shoot Area 5 than go to the Nationals but I'm not sure my traveling partners will go for it...we shall see.

Steve

(cute corgi btw)

Same here--no more sanctioned IDPA in this lifetime. My membership is about to expire and it will not be renewed. I'm virtually certain that not one single shooter from the entire state of Iowa will be participating in the 2005 IDPA Nationals, if that tells you anything.

My son and I are sure looking forward to shooting the USPSA Area 3 Championship, and the USPSA Nationals in July!

Best of luck to those who make the trip to Arkansas.

Mike

I had intentions of making the 2005 IDPA Nationals.....

BUT

With the rule changes, making some of my equipment not worthy I have decided NO IDPA for me either !!!!!

Good luck for those who go........

Hop

Had to laugh at my original post back from Sept of 04. Yea it was accurate at the time however I feel the same way as many IDPA revolvers shooters do these days. I highly doubt I'd make the 05 Nationals. I am however still shooting IDPA matches but not with the same enthusiasm as before the rule changes. Trigger time is trigger time. It was fun to see so many revolver shooter show up at the Nationals last year. From this small indication of interest I doubt there will be half as many this year. IMO diluting the division....well we don't need to go down that road.

Time will tell the story for us.

So - will everyone be shooting the USPSA Area 5 Match with revolvers?

:P

I have to say I'm not the least bit excited about the IDPA Nationals this year. I think the idea is dead. I just posted as a follow up for folks I had been in contact with in 2004 before the exodus.

Looking over the match scores of some of the recent IDPA majors it is really depressing to see the mixed bag in SSR/ESR and not enough people in a class to make it interesting. It was bad before...now it is just pathetic. :(

I have to say I'm not the least bit excited about the IDPA Nationals this year.---redmist10

I had wanted to shoot the IDPA Nationals either in 2005 or 2006 but now it wouldn't be worth the effort/cost to me.

I would think that to "save face" that IDPA would need to have more revolver shooters at the Nationals this year then last. I would expect that to be a priority of the anti-moon clip crowd in IDPA.

Good luck to those who shoot!

Respectfully,

jkelly

I just classified in ESR yesterday...shooting my 681 and 158 grain RNLs at 1120 fps, using HKS speedloaders.  Does this make me the antichrist? :D

No, according to my IDPA buddies, that only occurs when you shoot USPSA... :lol:

Congratulations on getting classified.