Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Restrictions shipping primed brass?

Zmego

I know loaded ammo can be shipped but needs to be marked ORM-D.

I know primers can be shipped, but only but certified people/companies who have had hazmat training. I know that the package needs to be marked HAZMAT and additional (usually steep) fees apply.

What about primed casings? I have seem a few places around that will ship primed cases and there is not HAZMAT fee and they are not designated ORM-D. Can anyone ship primed brass?

I recently tried to have someone send me once fired brass through the post office using a large flat-rate box, they were told that it couldn't be shipped due to the possibility of "residue". I'll have to look into it more, but I have had once fired shipped before without problems using USPS, so it may just be one of the PO clerks making up rules.

I recently tried to have someone send me once fired brass through the post office using a large flat-rate box, they were told that it couldn't be shipped due to the possibility of "residue". I'll have to look into it more, but I have had once fired shipped before without problems using USPS, so it may just be one of the PO clerks making up rules.

That is BS. There is no restriction on fired brass, what a PIA people with a little bit of info can be.