Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Stainless Steel Grips questions ?

RippSpeed

Cullen for the win!! When I had my steel gripped SV and wanted to add their competition aluminum magwell the SV machinist actually called me and had me measure several places on the bottom of the grip. The magwell fit exact so I'm guessin' the magwell off my gun may, or may not, fit on your SV steel grip. Unlike any of the plastic grip magwells made en masse.

Edited by titandriver

SV makes a honkin huge magwell for their Signature Stainless steel grip kits. I have one sitting in the safe that Brandon made for my 5.4 but with it on, it won't fit the IPSC box, so I have left it off.....but it is pretty and again-it's huge!!!!!

Call Brandon and ask about it..................

Yes, the Competition Grip XL Mag well is much larger than the original SV mag well. It is about the same size as a Dawson Ice mag well, minus the plastic insert.

me being anal ... kills me when I scratch up a metal magwell ... And I'm not great @ reloading and the dawson magwell takes care of that but I'm seriously looking into buying 2 stainless steel SV grips...

Edited by RippSpeed

Yes, the Competition Grip XL Mag well is much larger than the original SV mag well. It is about the same size as a Dawson Ice mag well, minus the plastic insert.

me being anal ... kills me when I scratch up a metal magwell ... And I'm not great @ reloading and the dawson magwell takes care of that but I'm seriously looking into buying 2 stainless steel SV grips...

Believe me, I understand what you're saying. Mine look like they've been shot with a shotgun, but it doesn't hinder it's performance. And IMHO, the steel grip is so much better than the plastic ones, you'll soon forget what the inside of your magwell looks like!!

Believe me, I understand what you're saying. Mine look like they've been shot with a shotgun, but it doesn't hinder it's performance. And IMHO, the steel grip is so much better than the plastic ones, you'll soon forget what the inside of your magwell looks like!!

edit, sorry, read twice, post once :)

Edited by DonT