Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

US revolver shooting team

JohnRodriguez

Pat,

I was talking to Hopalong yesterday and an idea came up that Lisa might benefit by shooting Revo at the Nationals rather than Prod ?

Might expedite the transition from minor to major if thats the case.

Dan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an ideal world, yes, Lisa with a wheelgun at the Nationals. However, she had already agreed to shoot Production for Sig at the Nats. Some practice is better than none. And since she wasn't going to the World Shoot when she got support from Sig, they didn't ask for more than the Nationals.

So unless Sig comes out with a revolver before we get to Quincy, that's the way it is.

You guys had better start jockeying now for 2008.

Did I miss a memo? Where's Sam gone to?

Sam didn't switch because of a golf cart. He's trying to bootstrap his scores upwards by shooting with a bunch of autos, and racing to keep up with them.

Glad to hear Lisa is already trying to wear out a 625. I hope it is slicked up, has chamfered chambers, and she has run ammo over the chrono to prepare for the 170PF IPSC calls for. (With Bruce coaching her, I'm sure that has all been taken care of.)

Mike,

I guess thats what happens when you ALMOST make master.

Get a golf cart to move your sh*t around.

HUMMMMM, maybe someday we can be like Sam.

Dan

Dan, I heard it was a chariot pulled by white stallions and Chad has to feed him grapes and load his moons.

Nobody mentioned John Bagakis, he's been second at the IRC for the past few years in limited, he's no stranger to the money matches having shot, and will be shooting agin this year, the ESPN Great Outdoor Games and other made for TV shoots, and 3rd in Revo side mattch at the 2004 steel challenge.

Todd,

John would be an excellent choice, but from what I understand they needed someone that already had a slot at the WS and was willing to change divisions to fill the REVO team.

Todd,

John would be an excellent choice, but from what I understand they needed someone that already had a slot at the WS and was willing to change divisions to fill the REVO team.

Whoops, I guess I should have read more carefully.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to bump this thread up to the top in order to begin the conversation about staffing the "US Wheel Team" at the next World Shoot, which will be in Bali in 2008. The usual USPSA slot protocol obviously does not work for the Revolver division--but there appears to be sufficient time to put together some kind of workable system, recognized by USPSA, for the shooters to earn a slot on the US team.

My suggestion would be pretty simple: The four highest performing US citizens at the 2006 and 2007 US Nationals (both years added together) are offered a slot. If any of those shooters decline to make the trip, Sedro goes on down through the list until we have the team staffed. This should help ensure that the US is represented by the very best shooters, and would also encourage more revolver participation at the US Nationals.

Also, it is my understanding that members of the US Standard team at this past World Shoot in Ecuador each received about $1,800 in direct support from USPSA. As they should. However, it would certainly be appropriate for USPSA to provide at least some financial assistance to the US Revolver Team at the next World Shoot, particularly in light of the increased interest and participation that we are starting to see in Revo. Now is the time to begin that conversation with our elected USPSA representatives--politely but firmly.

We also have time to drum up some meaningful sponsor support for the revolver team between now and 2008.

Any thoughts?

Mike

I'm going to bump this thread up to the top in order to begin the conversation about staffing the "US Wheel Team" at the next World Shoot, which will be in Bali in 2008.  The usual USPSA slot protocol obviously does not work for the Revolver division--but there appears to be sufficient time to put together some kind of workable system, recognized by USPSA, for the shooters to earn a slot on the US team.

My suggestion would be pretty simple:  The four highest performing US citizens at the 2006 and 2007 US Nationals (both years added together) are offered a slot.  If any of those shooters decline to make the trip, Sedro goes on down through the list until we have the team staffed.  This should help ensure that the US is represented by the very best shooters, and would also encourage more revolver participation at the US Nationals. 

Also, it is my understanding that members of the US Standard team at this past World Shoot in Ecuador each received about $1,800 in direct support from USPSA.  As they should.  However, it would certainly be appropriate for USPSA to provide at least some financial assistance to the US Revolver Team at the next World Shoot, particularly in light of the increased interest and participation that we are starting to see in Revo.  Now is the time to begin that conversation with our elected USPSA  representatives--politely but firmly. 

We also have time to drum up some meaningful sponsor support for the revolver team between now and 2008.

Any thoughts? 

Mike

I like the idea, but let me finish with the steel challenge first :D

(course I guess I should get classfied in USPSA revo also :blink: )

Being another old pin-shooter like me, you're gonna have to learn how to unscrew your feet from the ground and figure out how to run around with a gun in your hand.

Have fun at SC, I'll try not to let my jealousy show! :)

Mike

Hey Mike

I saw Dave shoot the IRC last year and I don't think he'll have too much of a problem playing IPSC :D

Hey Dave, how'd you ever end up with the "project Revo" we were talking about a while back??

As you guys may know, over here we're limited to 10 shot mags. :wacko:

It was funny the other weekend, we had a local one day "Grandslam" (about 45 competitors) and just for interest, we threw the winner of Revo' divisions scores in with the standard auto's ------he would have won :D

Chris Regan

Mike,

I was thinking much the same thing. The results of the next two Nationals, used to determine if anyone knocks us out of the slots. With one change: the USPSA has nothing to say about it.

I'm not willing to cede the decision to the USPSA until they foot the bill. As it is, we pay our own way. It then follows, as grown boys and girls, we can make our own decision about who would be best-suited to bring back the (hopefully less ugly) trophy.

My read on the USPSA is that there will be no money coming until after we greatly increase the number of shooters participating. That, however, will not keep me from approaching various potential sponsors at the 2006 and 2007 SHOT shows.

So, start practicing now, to see if you can elbow us out of our slots. Fail, and Cliff, Lisa and I go back in 2008. Oh, and Jerry, too.

Hey Mike

I saw Dave shoot the IRC last year and I don't think he'll have too much of a problem playing IPSC :D

Hey Dave, how'd you ever end up with the "project Revo" we were talking about a while back??

As you guys may know, over here we're limited to 10 shot mags. :wacko: 

It was funny the other weekend, we had a local one day "Grandslam" (about 45 competitors) and just for interest, we threw the winner of Revo' divisions scores in with the standard auto's ------he would have won :D

Chris Regan

Hi Chris, it's been awhile, thanks for the props on the IRC deal, my first one with

not alot of experiance and I got 2nd A (should have been 1st but that's another

story)

I just started shooting USPSA with an iron sighted 6 shooter and then had to drop it

to practice for the Big Dawg and Steel Challenge, so many games, so little $$$

Back at it in October.

The revo project turned out semi okay, gunsmith was a hack who left me having

no confidence in the gun, well it's like they say, you get what you pay for........

Oh wait :wacko::wacko: he screwed me on that too :huh: but these are my

own opinions and everybody has them, just like certain body parts :)

The gun does shoot after I got all the bugs worked out, now to find an ICORE load.

I have a bud coming over to take pic's of a bunch of stuff for sale stuff, hope to

get the project revo on here before the end of the year :blink:

Let me toss a bone on the pile....

HOW about we start with a clean slate.......NOBODY is qualified to go to worlds as of right now. including JERRY (because he's gonna kick our ass any way)

Results from the 2006 year of shooting: Nationals and Area -6

Results from the 2007 year of shooting: Nationals and Area -7

I used 6 and 7 to represent the year.

Match points for each = points earned toward worlds... the 4 with the highest points are on the team.

Those interested in going to World shoot will travel to make these matches

if they are truely interested in going to Bali.

Then we must make sure USPSA will give the Revolver team 4 slots instead of hoping to get some from the 1st come 1st served list.

Maybe we need to do that now !!!!!! Talk to your Area coordinator, The president doesn't give a flip about Revos so the B.O.D. would have to make sure it happened.

HOP

Hmm, I love a challenge...

Hop, hand me a 625 ;)

ETA: I don't shoot a revolver in IPSC but I do like them, and shoot a lot of PPC during the winter. I agree with you guys, if USPSA has a division that is also the same as IPSC, I don't understand why they don't front a team! :blink:

Looks to me like the '08 team has been picked regardless of any results of future matchs.......!!!!!!!!!!

Thats fine and dandy........

I dont recall any Superbowl team getting an automatic slot to the next years game. Do you?????

I thought you had to EARN it, all of it, every inch of it......!!!!!!!!

I'll be on a plane to Bali in '08.........Team ( structured correctly ) or no team.

Hop has the right approach to this as do others who have commented.

Lets do this "fairly" ok...!!!

Results from the 2006 year of shooting:  Nationals and Area -6

Results from the 2007 year of shooting:  Nationals and Area -7

I sorta like the suggestion of mixing in a couple of designated area matches, that we all know up front are going to count so we can plan way ahead to shoot them. (I already have all kinds of work stuff calendared out through a good chunk of '06, so the sooner we get this figured out, the better). To improve on your suggestion, if Nationals are staying in Barry, I think we should choose one area match on the east coast, and one on the west coast, to round out the geography a bit more fairly for everyone. Particularly if travel costs continue to rise (shudder)......

If we're doing that, I would propose that we go with "best 3 out of 4." That way if somebody absolutely couldn't make one of those matches (sick, family trouble, work conflict, whatever), he or she can still have a chance. It also leaves a shooter a fighting chance of making the team even if something major goes wrong at one of those matches (gun breaks, food poisoning, match injury, or--God forbid--a DQ, which are all things that can happen to anybody).

What's everybody think of this?

Mike