Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cavalry Arms/TIGER Valley 3 Gun Match

Location: TIGER VALLEY Shooting Facility South (L.T. Dillon) at Prairie Hill, Texas (15 miles east of Waco on HWY 84).

Time: Firing will begin at 09:30 a.m. on both days. Squad assignments and match briefing begin at 9:00 a.m.

Rules: Tiger Valley Tactical 3 Gun rules

Registration: Registration Form (Adobe Acrobat PDF) Download Adobe Acrobat Reader

Entry Fees: $150.00

Ammunition: Competitors must furnish their own ammunition. No tracers, steel core or armor piercing ammunition will be allowed. Ammunition not meeting this requirement will be removed from the firing line. A recommended minimum 400 rounds of pistol, 150 rounds of bird or buck shot for shotgun, and 450 rounds for rifle. Additional ammunition may be required for last-minute stage additions or re-shoots.

Targets: IDPA paper, reactive and static steel plates and pepper-poppers. Distances to targets, range from 0 to 100 yards.

Course of Fire: Consisting of rifle, pistol, shotgun, and combinations of all weapons. Competitors should be prepared to utilize basic tactical engagement principles; shooting from cover, tactical reloads, etc.

Scoring: Combination of shot placement (points) and time.

Prizes: Various prizes will be awarded to competitors according to final standings upon completion of the match.

General: Competitors will be required to pull and tape/set targets and score. There will be no lunch break. Food and drinks are not available at the range. There are five RV hook-ups, showers, and restrooms available at the range. The fee is $15.00 per day.

more details here:

http://www.tigervalley.com/3gun_2day.htm

This event is limited to 150 shooters. Everyone that shows up and completes the match will get a CAV-15 MKII stripped lower receiver.

http://www.cavalryarms.com/MKII.html

Please direct any specific questions to the TIGER Valley staff via e-mail listed on their website.

---Russell Phagan

Cavalry Arms Staff

We are adding a new class to this match:

Trooper Class

The goals of this class are to encourage shooters to use field practical equipment that is reliable in adverse conditions and add an element of physical endurance to the competition not found in other classes.

Rules:

1) The shooter must transport all their firearms, ammunition, equipment, and cleaning supplies with them for the duration of the match from the moment they sign in the first day of shooting.

2) The amount of ammunition the shooter begins the match with, is all they are allowed to use for the duration of the match. The shooter may have as much ammunition in their pack, vest, or ammunition carriers as he/she wishes.

3) Any back up guns the shooter may wish to use should their primary firearm become inoperable during the course of the match must be carried with them for the duration of the match

4) The equipment must be carried via any man portable means and in a safe manner. No wagons, wheel barrows, carts, sleds, etc allowed.

5) The shooter does not need to carry all this equipment during the course of fire, they may ground their rucksack and use only the equipment on their person if they wish.

6) Trooper class shooters must start with at least one liter of water on their person or in their rucksack. Additional Water will be provided at all stages. The shooter must carry any beverages other than water themselves.

7) Lunch will be provided for all Trooper Class shooters on the range. Any food a Trooper Class shooter wishes to eat must be carried on them other than the food served at lunch time.

8) Any time a Trooper class shooter leaves the range, he/she must check his/her gear at the stat house where it will be secured to prevent tampering and/or adding or removing of equipment.

Failure to follow these rules or voluntarily choosing to drop out of Trooper Class will place the shooter in any of the other classes determined by the firearms and accessories they are using

Medical assistance for cuts, scrapes, insect/snake bites, or any other foreseeable physical ailment can be treated by another individual without bumping the shooter out of Trooper Class.

Firearms:

1) Trooper Class shooters may use firearms from any of the other specified classes. A Trooper class shooter may use all iron-sighted guns, or open class guns, however they must be able to transport any firearms (and spares) without assistance from stage to stage by themselves.

2) There is no limit on magazine capacity, bipods, scopes, etc in Trooper Class.

3) If a shooter decides to carry more than one firearm, spare upper receiver, optics, etc they may elect to use them on a stage as they see fit. Sniper Rifles may only be used on rifle targets, sub machine guns may only be used on rifle and pistol targets. Changing long guns in the middle of the stage is disallowed. If the shooter elects to use a sniper rifle they must use it for the full course of fire, if they elect to use a subgun they must use it for the full course of fire, if they elect to use a .223 carbine and 9mm pistol they must use it for the full course of fire.

4) Firearms are the only items the shooter may remove from the range at the end of the day.

• 4 weeks later...

Great, I read through your web site and decided that I'd need a calculator and a gyro-stabilized abacus to RO :)

Sounds like a fun match (my application hit the mailbox about ten minutes ago), but the round count seems a mite low :ph34r:

Alex

Great, I read through your web site and decided that I'd need a calculator and a gyro-stabilized abacus to RO :)

Sounds like a fun match (my application hit the mailbox about ten minutes ago), but the round count seems a mite low :ph34r:

Alex

A recommended minimum 400 rounds of pistol, 150 rounds of bird or buck shot for shotgun, and 450 rounds for rifle. Additional ammunition may be required for last-minute stage additions or re-shoots.

Next year we'll see about getting it on par with Ironman levels of shooting B)

Total Sponsor List thus far:

Ameetec www.ameetecarms.com

Armalite www.armalite.com

Brownell's www.brownells.com

Cavalry Arms www.cavalryarms.com

DPMS www.dpmsinc.com

Falcon Industries www.ergogrips.net/

LaRue www.laruetactical.com

LightFighter www.lightfighter.com

Machine Gun Tours www.machineguntours.com

Practical Tactical www.practicaltactical.net

Spec Ops Brand www.specopsbrand.com

SWAT Magazine www.swatmag.com

TIGER Valley www.tigervalley.com

Trijicon www.trijicon.com

There are going to be some kick ass prizes at this event!

Colorado guys are coming. It looks like myself, Scott S., Jimmy H., Zak and all we be down for the best darn 3 Gun match in texas. I'm shooting Trooper class with my MP5-PDW if Shawn hasn't broken it. See you guys there. I'm hoping the Hawkins brothers are there.

alan

Am I reading the rules and stuff correctly and not seeing a "tactical" category, ie; all limited guns EXCEPT for a single optic on the rifle???

Thanks!

jj

That is correct. Limited (all iron sights), Open (optics/anything goes), and Trooper (see rules in this thread) are the categories at this match.

Guys,

Here is the ugly truth about this match. It’s our first match and surprise surprise, there is a lot more to it then we thought. We have some very challenging (and I think very fun) stages (9 of them) and we are trying to keep them realistic as well and lots of shooting.

To make up for quirks we have this first year, we are basically paying you to come. Every paid shooter will get a minimum of $175.00 worth of prizes from $20,000.00 worth of stuff on the prize table, so for a $150.00 entree, that ain’t bad…

This first year (as with any match) is a work in progress, but we hope to make it into a match people will talk about and add to there shooting calendars every year.