Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to mention that I tried something new. I needed a new Butt Pad for an old Marlin but couldn't find one so I took a picture of the shape of the stock and imported it into SolidWorks, resized it to the correct height and width and drew splines around it to create a tool path. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEhlR9LloGM

I just wanted to mention that I tried something new. I needed a new Butt Pad for an old Marlin but couldn't find one so I took a picture of the shape of the stock and imported it into SolidWorks, resized it to the correct height and width and drew splines around it to create a tool path. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEhlR9LloGM

Cnc nyc did a video using the same technique to inlet a stock for new bottom metal. That is very cool feature. Congrats!

I will look into that. I love his videos.

8594b6cef2e409278b7b082bf4d282bb.jpg

This is what I end up with each time. Hopefully I can sit down and email tormach today. Go from there. My son's off for the holiday and sick so I'm pretty busy w him at the moment. Lol

Edited by Open1215

Ok. I know this isn't tech support, tormach said they don't do f360 in house. That's all I got from them. e77c4a259c21d05f975887bd77f1192b.jpg

Does this even look remotely correct as far as set up? I'm on a help fourm for f360 as well because I have no way of emailing fusion and asking them for help.

That use to be the case however tormach recently changed there control software from Mach mill to path pilot. Requiring new post processors that are compatible with path pilot. Path pilot is very similar to Linux / emc. So they should get you started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk