Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official 2013 Pan American Shotgun Championship - Rockcastle

To all who have been patiently waiting for information on the 2013 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship, here we go. On the week of June 25-30, 2013 the 2013 IPSC Pan AMerican Shotgun Championship will be held at the Rockcastle Shooting Center in Park City, Kentucky. We are very proud to be hosting this match, an honored to have it for the second time in a row.

This is a Level 4 IPSC Shotgun match, that falls under IPSC rules. There are still being determinations made on the US Team to compete in the Pan American. There is only one US Team, but all US shooters are welcome. Interantional shooters will find information on Invitation Request and travel forms at the website listed below. Plan on having arounf 180 shotters, maybe more maybe less. Pre Match will be 6/25-6/26, and Main Match will be 6/27-6/30.

The match management will be the same as the last Pan American at "The Rock." Linda Chico will be the Match Director and Coordinator, and can be reached at LChico@msn.com for any questions. Our good friend Larry Houck from FNH will again be the Range Master. And of course many of the RO's and match staff will come from the International community as directed by the IPSC.

The most important information here will be the directions the the match website where all inforation for the match is coming on line. Please visit www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com and then click the Competitions button, and then the button for the 2013 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship. There you will find all match information, Match Invitation Request Forms, US Form 6NIA, IPSC Rules, and of course pertinent dates.

The match is slated for 24 stages of tacical shotgun shooting on natural terrain, and in improved shooting bays. 12 Satges will be 6-8 rounds, 8 stages less than 16 rounds, and 4 stages in the 28-32 round range, with a mixture of birdshot, slug, and buck.

Don't forget to conatct the lodge for reservations, rooms are going fast (270) 749-4101.

Also very important, the following weeknd Rockcastle will be hosting the 2013 Rockcastle International 3 Gun Challenge. The dates are July 5, 2013 through July 7, 2013. This match is being held so many of the Pan American competitiors traveling to Kentucky can stay over to have an opportunity to shoot an American 3 Gun match. Sponsored firearms will be provided to those who cannot bring them. Ammo will be available by pre-order. The 2013 Rockcstle International 3 Gun Challenge can also be found at www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com, then click the Competitions button, and then select the match. Information on website coming shortly. For any other questions or information feel free to emial me at nbnoble@bellsouth.net.

Thank you,

Nate Noble

Rockcastle Shooting Center

Just a quick correction to the message from Rockcastle: Larry Houck and I are co-Match Directors (just as we were in 2010). I am dealing with the paperwork, registration and organizational details with Rockcastle. Larry will work on stage design and construction. The Range Master at a Level 4 IPSC competition is selected by IROA - not the local match staff.

Level 4 IPSC matches have the number of slots per region assigned by IPSC - Once I get the information from IPSC I will email all the RD's to see how many slots are required per region. Generally (since it is a Pan American match) USA, Canada and Brazil get a good number of slots. Note that info from the 2010 match suggests that there are some regions who are not interested in slots for shotgun, and will turn them back in. Once that happens, I hope that we will have enough slots to accomodate any shooter who wishes to participate. So if you are a non-USA shooter - contact your RD. Also, for non-USA shooters only: request an invitation ASAP and get you Form 6 NIA filled out: https://sites.google.com/site/panamericanshotgun/home and see the column on the left.

I am waiting on Rockcastle regarding the applications. Once they are available - USA shooters can fill them out on a first come-first served basis. I will send the list of USA shooters to USPSA President (USA RD) Phil Strader for the required approval. If USA Shooters wish to represent the US on an official team, there will be a space on the application to indicate that interest. I will pass those names on to Phil Strader, who will have the final say on team members for USA.

PLEASE do not PM me on this forum about the match. Send email to LChico@msn.com

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

2013 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship

Linda,

I will speak with FNH USA to see if we can also provide some firearms as loners in the event that someone cannot get their firearm into the country or wants to shoot a FNH SLP shotgun. I might also be talked into loaning an SLP with the Xrail again.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...

The application for the 2013 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship is now available.

Please go to the match website:

https://sites.google.com/site/panamericanshotgun/home

You can find a link in the center of the page for the match application. You do not need to get a signature from USPSA President Phil Strader (USA Regional Director for IPSC). You can ignore that portion of the application. USA shooters can fill them out on a first come-first served basis. I will send the list of USA shooters to USPSA President (USA RD) Phil Strader for the required approval. If USA Shooters wish to represent the US on an official team, there will be a space on the application to indicate that interest. I will pass those names on to Phil Strader, who will have the final say on team members for USA.

Competitors from IPSC Regions outside of the USA need an invitation to the match. There is a quick internet form on the left column where you can request an invitation. You can find a link in the center of the page for the updated Form 6 NIA for non-USA competitors.

PLEASE do not PM me on this forum about the match. Send email to LChico@msn.com

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

2013 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship

• 1 month later...

Ok..............learned at the Benelli match this weekend a very important lesson. My reloading sucks! Must do that practice thing before Pan American/ Hmmmm unless I end up magically with an Xrailed SLP!!

Edited by stormbringer

Anyone know when match infomation will be available? Approximate round count and such?

Also, if anyone in the NC/SC area is planning to attend the match and is interested in carpooling, let me know.

Edited by JFlowers

• 2 weeks later...

Gamaliel Shooting Supply will again be the official ammunition and equipment supplier for the 2013 Pan American Shotgun Championship and the 2013 Pan American 3 Gun Challenge. All ammunition and other equipment can be pre-ordered from Gamaliel by contacting Grayson Pare at (270) 457-2825 or at Grayson.Pare@gamaliel.com . There will also be a selection of ammunition available at the competition site through Gamaliel from Rio, Federal, and Remington.