Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What front sight you like ?

Ray Chonlatid

I like the black patridge like the 625 comes with. i've played with light pipes but I like the black better. For longer ranges (beyond 30yds) I start to string verical with the light pipe as I can't make out the top of the sight. Everybody's eyes are different and they are easy to try out on the new S&W's.

Ted

Just confused, I have seen many Standard/Limited shooters become use fibre optic sight more and more nowaday.

While most of our wheelshooters still satisfy the original black patridge, or gold bead sometime.

Perhaps, we start shooting from revolver. Even someone came from Production division. But all these are black patridge sight.

I may be wrong.

Ray,

I started shooting USPSA with a Para P16 Limited.

when I switched to Revolver I used the stock sights but did not really like the rear sight much as it did not have as wide a groove as the Para and thus I could not look through the sights and had to look over them instead. :angry:

Fortunately one evening I was cleaning it and dropped it on the rear sight and broke the blade in half. had to get new one <_<

Now I have the Factory Black blade on front and the Medium size (height) Black Millet sight (Brownells) on Back and when I look through them I get the exact same sight picture as the Para. :)

As a matter of fact so does the 610 ( the original USPSA revo and still IDPA gun) and am getting a set for the new 646 to try in IDPA.

I am like SPOOK I like to have space on the sides of the front sight, it makes it faster to line the gaps up and keep it lined up after shooting.

Hopalong

I like to have space on the sides of the front sight, it makes it faster to line the gaps up and keep it lined up after shooting.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. See, when you have a real tight sight picture (i.e. no light on either side), you will "know" exactly how to line up your sights to make a shot. The problem with that setup is that:

1) The gun will move anyway,so you'll never have that perfect SP

2) Once your tight SP is off, you cannot tell how far it is off/where the bullet will go

3) It takes more time to get the desired sight picture

A wider SP will give you faster information of where the bullet will go. It may seem inaccurate at first, though.