Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification help

Sarcoblaster

I shot a match this weekend where all 6 stages were classifiers in order to get unclassified members an initial classification. I've shot 3 classifier stages prior to this, for a total of 9 classifiers.

If I understand correctly, the initial classification is the average of the best 4 out of the most recent 6 classifier scores. However, after that, it gets a bit murky. It then says the best 6 unduplicated scores out of the most recent 8 scores to evaluate the member's current classification percentage.

In my case, if I've shot two classifiers twice, how would I go about finding out my classification percentage? I've attached a list showing the date, which classifier was shot (duplicates highlighted in green), and the percentage of each classifier.

Thanks in advance for any help!

ClassifierScores_zps9161d6fb.jpg

I am no expert, but I think I figured it out for you: My best guess is you will be a 64.61% after the next update. Take a look at how I calculated it, and someone feel free to correct me.

Your initial calculation is best 4 of most recent 6. If more than four scores are in the database when the averages are calculated, the best four of the most recent six valid scores will be used. In the case of a classifier match, they rank the scores in descending order. Therefore your initial classification would be 60.55% ( 62.6139, 61.8849, 60.4202, 57.2917 ). The other two on Jan 20 are not part of the best 4 of 6. Also, per the classifier book, any scores in excess of the most recent 6 are not used for initial classifications. But they can be used going forward for reclassification if they are part of the most recent 8.

So, with that said, after you are initially classified as a 60.55%, you would then be reclassified at 64.61%. ( 60.4202, 61.8849, 62.6139, 75.6383, 75.763, 51.3354 ). The 57.2917 is not used because you have a duplicate on Dec 8th, and they take the higher of the two.

The 40.5346 and 10.6417 are not used now, nor will they be used going forward since they are more than 5% below your classification.

Like I said, if someone has a better idea, i'm all ears.

• 1 month later...

Quick question, I shoot a couple of classifies at a local match, ( unfortunately they were just for practice) but I won one of the stages in my division, so how do I figure out my percentage? Is it 100?

Go to http://http://www.classifiercalc.com/ and go to the drop down menus for your division. Choose the classifier and input you Hit Factor It will calculate your percentage based on the national average of all people who have shot that classifier.

Winning a stage at a local match is not the same as winning a stage at the national level where you are competing with the best of the best.