Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taylor Freelance Mag Extensions

downrange72

I was unable to find any video. I assumed they were like any other mag spring change. After several punctures and lacerations of my fingers, I finally got the first one in. However, I'm only getting 16 rounds of 40 in the mag. This is the brass version. Anyone have any advise?

Also, does anyone have a magwell in stock that will work for the TF mags?

Overall goal is to convert my M&P .40 into a Limited gun.

I was unable to find any video. I assumed they were like any other mag spring change. After several punctures and lacerations of my fingers, I finally got the first one in. However, I'm only getting 16 rounds of 40 in the mag. This is the brass version. Anyone have any advise?

Also, does anyone have a magwell in stock that will work for the TF mags?

Overall goal is to convert my M&P .40 into a Limited gun.

I ran into the same issue and discovered that the new gray followers have a hump on them that prevents getting the stated # of rounds. If you use the old black flat follower you should be able to get those extra rounds into the mag. BTW....I tried to shave down the gray follower to make it work and it just won't.

I assume the .40 followers are much the same as the 9mm. If you take the spring/follower out and just slide on the basepad you may see that the inside corners of the basepad are rounded and slightly obstructing the the bottom corners of the mag tube. My follower would fall freely to the bottom if I just stuck it in with no spring/rounds. When the spring was there and I started loading rounds it would get hung up. I just took a small file and rounded the bottom edges of the follower to allow it to slide past those inside corners of the extension.

Also, about the magwell... See: http://www.brianenos...8

Edited by madmike283

You are correct. The edges of the follower can get caught on the inside in the extension and what you posted can take care of the problem only AFTER you switch out the follower. I have one gray follower that I filed and dremeled the heck out of and couldn't make it work.