Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tungsten Guide rod problems

rangerguy

I have a weird problem. I used my Glock 22 limited gun in a 3 gun competition last weekend. The gun ran great no problems. I took it out shooting yesterday and the trigger felt a little weird and when I racked the slide it felt weird. I took it out to clean it to day and when I removed the slide the guide rod was gone. The piece that screws in the end of the rod was there, so the spring stayed in place. Anyone ever had this problem?

I spoke with a guy at Glockworx that said they were not making anymore tungsten guide rods due to the high price of raw materials and the brittleness of the material they were getting.

Not sure what kind you had in your gun.

Glockworx has been super easy to deal with. If it was one of their parts I would call them, they would probably make it right.

• 4 weeks later...

My 1st GR was tungsten in a G34 and after 3 matches, the tip (1/4" of it) broke off and was rattling around in my gun. Got a Wolf SS from Carver (before I was shooting for him) and have never run into a problem since. The ZEV SS GR will have zero issues with a Wolf spring, and Glock Worx is a great company to deal with. Blair is right, if this was theirs, they will make it right.

I know the guide rods for 34/35 can be used in the 24L, but does anyone make a tungsten guide rod that runs all the way to the end of the slide for a G 24 Longslide? ...............I know I kind of hijacked this thread, but it is about tungsten guide rods :)