Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Magwell for early SV

56hawk

Trying to figure out what magwell to get for one of my open guns. It's got the small stainless magwell on it, and every once in a while I miss the reload just enough that the feed lip on the magazine catches the edge of the magwell. I don't really need a monster size funnel, just one that's maybe an eighth of an inch bigger. Any recommendations?

I also noticed that the magwell from my STI doesn't interchange with this one. Are they different, or is it just standard to have to fit them to the gun?

post-43768-0-37565300-1357879060_thumb.j

Any magwell for STI grips will fit that gun. You may need to sand the grip down a bit if you are having problems fitting magwells to it.

That magwell you've got looks like a Krebs. Just about anything you can buy today will be quite a bit larger. The smallest is probably the STI. EGW's is also a reasonably moderate size.

I got rid of all my Dawson mag wells. They are great for some people. I found it changed my grip. I sort of have big hands and my lower part of my hand was resting on the mag well.

Thanks, that's what I was worried about. Which magwells did you change to?