Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Review

amish_rabbi

I always see very little in the way of reviews or anything on the tanfoglio products so I decided to spend my time and do a very detailed review on a stock II. warning, its long with lots of pictures.

I would post it here directly but there is alot of pictures and I dont think the coding will cross over so here is the link for anyone that wants to read it.

http://shooterready.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/tanfoglio-stock-ii-review/

Hey Xander, i was wondering what worthwhile upgrades you would recommend for a Stock 3. I don't shoot competitively so I'm not restricted by any regulations. what could i add or change to make it a sweeter shooting gun?

Eric and Tanfoglio will release soon the new hammer and sear for the Stock II that will have a much better trigger ;)

im not sure a sear can fix all the issues, I think the main problem is how tiny that spring is and you cant make a properly tuned spring that small

Hey Xander, i was wondering what worthwhile upgrades you would recommend for a Stock 3. I don't shoot competitively so I'm not restricted by any regulations. what could i add or change to make it a sweeter shooting gun?

The Delta hammer and the LSPA Complete Block and of course the lighter hammer and recoil spring. You can check them out over at ericgrauffel.com, hth :)

Eric and Tanfoglio will release soon the new hammer and sear for the Stock II that will have a much better trigger ;)

im not sure a sear can fix all the issues, I think the main problem is how tiny that spring is and you cant make a properly tuned spring that small

A friend has a Stock 2 and he puts a lighter hammer spring for a revolver on it and he cuts the fps and the trigger is amazing! And another friend of mine fitted the LSPA Block and puts a 14lb hammer spring on his S2 and the trigger rocks! :)

Wouldnt matter, the weight still need to be 5# for the first pull and thats what the one I was using was tuned for. The big issues arent the weight, they are that it stacks heavily right before the break and it is very mushy, not at all crisp like a cz trigger.

Edited by amish_rabbi

5# is light already. Personally. with my CZ, i had it down to 4.5lb. Very light. With my stock 2 with 13#, lowest i can get is 6#. Cut 1-2 cOils i get mid 5s.

I wish the main spring is bigger. With CZ I can see how compressed it is before the breaks. For the tanfo its hard to tell how compressed the springs are. My hypothesis is maybe the springs are almost compressed that just before it breaks. Maybe a lesser number of coils for the same length of the same poundage?

Realistically, 5# first shot is nothing. Its the dry fire of a heavy DA thats tiring.