Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

who makes the most effective Easy on and off Silencer for the 300 BLK

swandme

I have an older 30 cal Can and it is Steel and heavy and has standard 5/8 24 threads but its a pain

on and off

Who makes the most effective but still quick on and off 30 cal High Press silencer ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Dan

Prob not the best forum for this type of question. Others geared specifically for this. For the $, the YHM qd cans are the route I took. They have flash hiders and actual comps that work with the cans and have SS and Ti models to suit folk who want a lighter can. Also, they will set you up with different thread pitches on the flash hiders to make possible to use the same can on other sub-caliber arms. Thats just my choice. Plenty of other opinions out there.

Surefire makes one that is easy on and off as long as you have their muzzle device on the end. The Wilson Combat Whisper is also easy on and off with their muzzle device. The Wilson is made of Ti and suppose to be short and light. I don't have experience with either; but have been doing some research as well.

Supersonic, subsonic, or both? I'd expect differences based on rifle pressures or pistol pressures in cans that can handle both. The jury still seems to be out on general "best suppressor' for .300 BLK. I'm testing sub rounds from a 9mm pistol can, and just found that Lil Gun is substantially quieter than 1680 from an SBR. I have a shorty .308 can waiting for a stamp now. I would expect that rifle length .308 cans will be quieter than 9mm cans even in subsonic due to tighter bore and larger volume cans, and have seen a few posts to that effect. Liberty has worked out a .300 BLK short can in .308 that might be worth looking at, if we can see some comparative numbers somewhere.

My First Build is a 16 in with Carbine length Gas sys. I have so far had good luck with 200 Grain Speer # 2211 Flat Base

with 10.6 gr. H110 / 296 out of the Wilson bbl is right at 1050.

I have a big jug of Lil Gun from my 500 S&W what charge worked best with that ?

Also I found a great source for ready to load 300 Blk Brass ( Les & Val Crocker <ratherbflyn2day@yahoo.com> )

Very consistent and reasonable.

Coastal Guns in Brunswick GA makes a titanium supressor with a quick connect fitting. You can reach Kenny at 912-266-7387. If he does not answer leave him a message about what you are looking for. Feel free to tell him Chris told you to call. I have no connection to Coastal Guns, Kenny is a good friend of mine.Hope this helps and he has what you are looking for.

Who Makes the 51T mounts ?

Can they be taken apart for cleaning ?

Do they work well wet or dry ?

About how much ?

Thanks

Dan

51T breakout mounts from AAC. I use them for the AAC SDN-6 supressor. The SDN-6 cannot be taken apart for cleaning.

Coastal Guns in Brunswick GA makes a titanium supressor with a quick connect fitting. You can reach Kenny at 912-266-7387. If he does not answer leave him a message about what you are looking for. Feel free to tell him Chris told you to call. I have no connection to Coastal Guns, Kenny is a good friend of mine.Hope this helps and he has what you are looking for.

Thanks for the info

My other Can is from Costal and it works well just not easy on and off I will give him a call

Thanks

• 2 months later...

+1 on the AAC suppressors. I cant say enough good things about my SDN-6. The 51 tooth quick detach comes in a brake, flash hider or a combination mount. It takes Less than 2 revolutions to install and come off just as easily. To me there is no question that the muzzle brake is the best mount out there as it also acts as an extra blast baffle when the can is mounted. I can run this on everything from my .223 ar's to 308 and 6.5 creedmoor. It is the only way I shoot my 22-250 varmint gun and on 300 blk subsonic it is VERY quiet. There is no need for a take apart can shooting centerfire rifle and what you gain in cleanability you lose in strength and reliability. The Advanced Armament SDN-6 is very strong and was constructed to handle full auto fire from short barreled 308's so 300 blk is a walk in the park.

Velocity and accuracy are not degraded and you can probably find the exact weight by a quick trip to advanced armaments website. The SDN-6 is short fir a 308 can and does not seem ridiculously heavy to me.

• 2 weeks later...