Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What scope mount and rail is Taran Butler using?

blkbrd

All the YHM extensions I have seen had the same issue. They tighten down, but are under stress, and shoot loose. Squeezing them in a vise until tight, then whacking the vise (not the mount or receiver!) a couple times will stress relieve the mount so it will "remember" the tight position. Careful though, easy to get it too tight, where it won't come off the receiver.

• 3 months later...

I'm running the Larue SPR mount with an Accupoint and it works great. I'm running a JP 20" upper and an A2 stock. The Larue is mouned at the front of the receiver. Accupoint is crystal clear from any shooting position at any power. Poor eye relief is not an issue. I can email you a pic of the Larue and Accupoint mounted on the rifle if your interested. I don't know how to post a pic here.

Best,

Nick-

• 1 year later...

After much thinking, while I'm very comfortable with my TA01NSN and JPoint, I think my primary setup for 3-Gun will be an Accu-point on the Larue SPR-15 mount and a JPoint.

For matches with real yardages, I might switch back, but I'll let my amount of trigger time with the new setup dictate it more than comfort. Gotta shake things up a bit just so you don't settle. To help secure the Accu-point as the primary though, I'll definitely be putting my Hi-power hat on and play with click adjusting the zero for various yardages.

Rich

The LT-139 is great and as far as I can tell it's about the same as the old monachre SPR-E. The SPR-1.5 is nice 'cause it allows for a little more flexibility in scope choices. Both will get 'er done so make sure you try before you buy.

Rich

This is from Taran Butler:

I am using the new Larue Lt139-1 mount

Accupoint 1.25X4 red tri TR21-R

Used to use the PRI mounts but like the quick detach Larue, both are great mounts but just switched to Larue.

Is the LT139-1 different than the regular LT139?

My LT139 is marked SPR-E.

Mike

I use an Accupoint for 3-gun. I use the Accuracy Speaks scope rail. Not sure what the model name is, but it is the only one I have found that allows a forward enough mount to put nose to charging handle. It is a little heavy but very stout. Medium hight Leupold rings.