Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brownells and midwayusa how do back orders work?

This might be a dumb question but I have a few orders threw both of these sights and some things were back ordered, the parts on midwy had a back in stock date how accurate are those?

And anybody else order a lower from brownells on back order any ideas on a time or should I just wait for a shipment notification?

I know bad timing on ordering a lower but I just sold both my ARs to fund somthing new and this crap happened

Anybody have any ino on this?

Thanks

Mark

This might be a dumb question but I have a few orders threw both of these sights and some things were back ordered, the parts on midwy had a back in stock date how accurate are those?

And anybody else order a lower from brownells on back order any ideas on a time or should I just wait for a shipment notification?

I know bad timing on ordering a lower but I just sold both my ARs to fund somthing new and this crap happened

Thanks

Mark

As crazy as things are right now, its anybody's guess when the high demand items will be back on the shelves.

In the past, I've had a few back-ordered items at Midway show up a day or two early but usually they got stocked up and delivered on the items I back-ordered within a week or two of the dates they had posted.

I have some stuff currently back-ordered at Brownells. Received a confirmation order the day I placed the order (online) that indicated the current prices on the items. The next day I got a second confirmation but this time it shows a zero dollar amount. I do not know if this is standard procedure for Brownells for all back-ordered items or its a case where my order was cancelled. No response so far to an e-mail requesting clarification.

Bill

Thanks

Mark

As crazy as things are right now, its anybody's guess when the high demand items will be back on the shelves.

In the past, I've had a few back-ordered items at Midway show up a day or two early but usually they got stocked up and delivered on the items I back-ordered within a week or two of the dates they had posted.

I have some stuff currently back-ordered at Brownells. Received a confirmation order the day I placed the order (online) that indicated the current prices on the items. The next day I got a second confirmation but this time it shows a zero dollar amount. I do not know if this is standard procedure for Brownells for all back-ordered items or its a case where my order was cancelled. No response so far to an e-mail requesting clarification.

Bill

Same here with my order, but when I pull it up on my account I don't see the order but I see others?

Same here with my order, but when I pull it up on my account I don't see the order but I see others?

Ditto. If I do not get a reply to my e-mail I'll give them a call next week and let you know what they say.

It's not a big deal if they cancelled, but if they did I need to start looking elsewhere.

The backorder dates for Midway have always been pretty accurate for me. What I don't like is that you can't ask that all of your order be held so you only pay one shipping charge.

I got through to Brownells order desk. As with everyone these days, they are very busy.

I knew the items ordered would be back-ordered. The first confirmation on my order was priced out correctly. A second confirmation was received the next day with the amounts zeroed out. My concern was the second confirmation meant that my order was cancelled.

Per the nice lady at Brownells, the second confirmation order showing a balance of zero is how their computer prints out back-order items. Even though there is no idea when my order will get filled, it is still on back-order and I'm a happy camper. My CC will not be charged until the order is sent.

Bill

Back orders from Brownells are shipped free.

When they reviewed my order, the total quoted includes shipping cost. They did not indicate shipping would be free.

But then, my entire order was back-ordered. I guess if some of the order was in stock and I paid to ship that portion, it would be fair to ship the balance for no additional charge.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Yes.....If you order more than 1 item and the other items are out of stock and the 1 item that is in stock ships, then the full freight bill for all items ordered is included for the 1 item that is shipped. Then all remaining items that are on back order are shipped at no extra cost when they become available for shipment.

Like the rest of you, I have stuff backordered there (and elsewhere). Tonight, I got a confirmation # emailed to me from weeks ago. I excitedly opened the email, and all it said was "In stock 0, out of stock, 3 items." Not sure why they even sent that, unless maybe as a friendly reminder...

The backorder dates for Midway have always been pretty accurate for me. What I don't like is that you can't ask that all of your order be held so you only pay one shipping charge.

Also be careful if you ordered ammo on the backorder they might ship a $5 part and charge you bigger $$ on shipping because they do it with a different carrier service.

They got me once.

I got an e-mail from Brownells this afternoon. They acknowledge that due to unprecedented volume of order they, along with many others see a shortage of some products.

If you have something backordered, they will not cancel that order unless requested by you the customer.

Orders will be filled and shipped based on the date they were received.

Backordered items will ship as soon as inventory arrives in their warehouse.

Even though some orders may be filled with multiple shipments, you only pay shipping once.

They are in the process of developing an order update system that will keep customers informed on status and anticipated delivery dates.

Sounds good to me.

Bill