Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forged sear source ?

alecmc

Thinking about trying to putting an apex hammer in one of my smiths, apex calls for replacing mim sear for a forged. Problem is S&W discontinued them , and it reflects discontinued on all vendor sights I've seen.

Anybody know of a website where I might have some luck finding stock ?

It's part #

Sear* - 070390000

?

I called S&W already, they rep said they are discontinued , he further said if I needed a sear I should check out " used parts bins " at gun shops.

I think Brownells has it, the FAC# is the same and it usually says mim if it is. It's been a while but I think it's where I got mine.

By the way, nice reloads on your video.

Edited by toothguy

Right now Numerich has them, L frame $7.60 322960 N Frame 315900$11.15. Now don't forget the Sear Spring, Sear Pin, and you may need the stirrup and stirrup pin, same as the sear pin. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/SmithWesson-33495/Revolvers-42026/NFrameRevolvers-38390/625-37522.htm?page=3. I love the Apex hammer.

Evolution IV L-Frame Hammer

k_l_frame_hammer-th1.jpg

Sale price: $141.99

Quantity:

Fits current production S&W L/K-frame revolvers only. Gunsmith fitting is recommended.

Made from heat treated 17-4 Ph stainless steel. Wire EDM, CNC machined and surface ground sides ensure consistent performance. Originally designed as a semi-drop in replacement in Performance Center revolvers, our redesigned part uses the same pinned sear and stirrup found on the PC hammer.

Additionally, the Apex Evolution IV Hammer replaces MIM components found in S&W non-PC revolvers and PC revolvers made after Jan 2012. The additional parts (with factory part numbers below) and proper fitting is required for non-PC revolvers.

• Sear* - 070390000

• Sear/stirrup/hand spring pin (Qty 2) - 218800000

• Stirrup - 077910000

• Bolt plunger/Sear spring - 070200000

*new sear must be cut to proper length- gunsmith fitting recommended

Obviously, it's an assault hammer.

What possible legitimate sporting purpose could such a fast hammer possibly have?

Pretty nice lookin part!

The description says something about an EDM process, they look great. I wonder where they are made? :)

I don't know where the hammers are made but for an extra charge (I can't remember exactly how much) Apex will supply, fit and install the required parts in the hammer. When Scott at Apex offered me this option I took it as the easy way out. I have the hammer in an 686 SSR and it works well.

I don't know where the hammers are made but for an extra charge (I can't remember exactly how much) Apex will supply, fit and install the required parts in the hammer. When Scott at Apex offered me this option I took it as the easy way out. I have the hammer in an 686 SSR and it works well.

according to apex, they do not have any, they are aware of the discontinued sear situation, and they plan on manufacturing their own sears in the future

Edited by alecmc