Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 2 weeks later...

My uncle used to ride in a motorcycle club and they would go on long rides and he pretty much always had some version of a 1911 in a shoulder holster on him at all times. He never carried one in the chamber though so take that for what it's worth.

I'm interested in the reasoning? my best offense/defense on the bike is the throttle.

It is but what about after you get off?

Sorry didn't mean that for you. I was wondering what kind of work bike rated an Uzi, 1911, Jframe and little 22mag.

The work bike is a Police Bike. The 1911 is my duty weapon. The j frame is my back up. The 22 mag is my hideout. The Uzi is my long gun. Space is very limited on a police motorcycle. I looked at several weapons platforms that would fit in a saddle bag & this was my best option. I can fit a M4 SBR but it takes up more room, as does the HK MP 5. I had a mount made that holds the Uzi against the side of the saddle bag, giving me more room in the bag. We already the Uzi's so there was no additional cost to our agency.

I was looking for a weapons platform that would cover 25 to 75 yards & the Uzi fills the bill. I can engage targets out to 100 yds with no problem. I have been able to engage steel targets from a supported rest out to 200 yds.

Kevin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...